The challenges of affordable healthcare continue to create new opportunities. Elderplan and HomeFirst, our Medicare and Medicaid managed care health plans, are outstanding examples of how we are expanding services in response to our patients' and members' needs. These high-quality healthcare plans are designed to help keep people independent and living life on their own terms.
The Social Work Care Manager provides telephonic assessments of members’ medical, psychosocial, physical and spiritual needs. In close collaboration with assigned Nurse Practitioner develops, implements, and monitors care plan, and ensures continuity of care across all healthcare settings. The Social Worker ensures that the interdisciplinary team ( NP, PCP, member/member’s representatives, and specialists) are involved in the care planning process; utilizes benefit structure and community-based resources to meet member’s needs; and ensures that PCP receives clinical updates care and Nurse Practitioner’s assessments.
- Current LMSW in New York State preferred
- CCM preferred
- Masters Degree, MSW or LMSW
- Minimum two to five years clinical social work in long term care, managed care, home care, geriatrics or hospice
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Prior experience in an interdisciplinary service delivery environment preferred
- Strong comprehensive care planning skills
- Strong problem solving and crisis intervention skills
- Knowledge of community organizations, local governmental agencies, and varied social services available and their respective functions (including mental health services)
Connect With Us!:
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to learn about upcoming opportunities and events at MJHS.