The Social Strategy Director synthesizes research findings and develops strategies around current trends and engagement tactics to adapt for our brands. These strategic recommendations will be set up in frameworks that include (but are not limited to) phases, goals, audience, insights, platforms, content guidelines and KPI's. The Social Strategy Director always looks for unique opportunities to build, grow and own the brand conversation.
This role will define the social strategy for several OTC brands at different stages of market maturity (launch, re-launch, maintenance). Additionally, the role will develop social campaigns for a few tent pole activations throughout the calendar year for at least 3 brands.
About the Job:
- Develop social strategy across social platforms to meet client communication and business goals with associated target audience(s)
- Monitor and observe platform trends - both of the broad community, and internal platform policies - in order to best craft strategies to engage target audiences across the social ecosystem
- Lead client and internal teams in the development and execution of the strategy. Ability to work collaboratively, yet decisively and efficiently is a must. Ability to synthesize all the recommendations and thinking into frameworks/roadmaps is key.
- Guide creative teams in the execution of a social strategy; help a creative team optimize their execution to realize strategic goals
- Own the development of insights for assigned clients and projects:Exploit audience data to generate insights on consumer behaviors, segmentation and targeting
- Articulate specific and relatable consumer insights to inform a brief
- Identify specific and actionable social strategies (based on data driven insights and qualitative observations)
- Experience with social listening tools (Brandwatch is a plus) in the gathering of insights
- Develop Competitive Analysis to assess best in class practices, category opportunities and threats.
- Work in tandem with clients' in house social content production agency to ensure cohesive and engaging brand presence
- Work closely with media agency to shape recommendations and audience selection/activation
- Undergraduate degree in advertising, marketing, and/or related field
- 7-10 years working with brands on multiple platforms at a recognized advertising or digital agency