The Social Services Director plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operation of the Social Services department to ensure all medically related emotional and social needs of patients are met in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have a bachelor's degree if working in a facility with 120 or more beds (see State law)
- Two (2) years' experience in health care social work preferred
Specific Job Requirements
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to implement a social services program that meets the medically related social and emotional needs of patients as well as State, Federal, corporate, and division guidelines
- Must be able to act as patient advocate and provide education to staff regarding patient rights
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
- Must be able to assist patient and family through education, financial planning assistance, liaison with community agencies, etc.
- Must be able to recruit, select, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and supervise social services staff
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer