Auto Req ID:
Social Services Director At The Virginia Health & Rehabilitation CenterPrint
The Virginia Health & Rehabilitation Center is a beautiful community in Waukesha, WI, with more than 100 units offering skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Social Services Director to join our team!
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the social service programs.
- Meet with residents and families upon admission.
- Conduct and document a psychosocial history and assessment, identifying resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services.
- Communicate with resident's family re: resident needs, transfers, discharge and changes in level of care, and financial responsibility.
- Maintains a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals, for residents in the facility, and at time of discharge.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Coordinates discharge planning and family meetings.
- Provides advocacy services to residents.
- Reviews and develops a plan of correction for social service deficiencies and provide a written copy of such to the administrator.
- Reviews departmental complaints/grievances from residents/families etc. and provide reports to the administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint per Five Star policies and procedures.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelors degree in Social Work or a related field preferred
- Current Social Work license or certification as required by state regulation.
- Working knowledge and basic competency with a personal computer and basic software applications used in job functions such as Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated leadership skills applicable to a role in an organization such as a long term care facility.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply professional standards of social work practice in job situations.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to the practice of social workin long -term care.
About Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses oncognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.