Waverly Care Center is a beautiful community in Waverly, NE, with more than 50 units offering skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Social Services Director to join our team!
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the social service programs.
- Meet with residents and families upon admission.
- Conduct and document a psychosocial history and assessment, identifying resident problems/needs.
- Provide/arrange for social work services.
- Communicate with resident's family re: resident needs, transfers, discharge and changes in level of care, and financial responsibility.
- Maintains a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals, for residents in the facility, and at time of discharge.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Coordinates discharge planning and family meetings.
- Provides advocacy services to residents.
- Reviews and develops a plan of correction for social service deficiencies and provide a written copy of such to the administrator.
- Reviews departmental complaints/grievances from residents/families etc. and provide reports to the administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint per Five Star policies and procedures.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelors degree in Social Work or a related field preferred
- Current Social Work license or certification as required by state regulation.
- Working knowledge and basic competency with a personal computer and basic software applications used in job functions such as Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated leadership skills applicable to a role in an organization such as a long term care facility.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply professional standards of social work practice in job situations.
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to the practice of social work in long -term care.