The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in the assigned market segments. Fostering existing but especially, developing new business relationships. Responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenue.
- Attend daily business review meetings
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled and/or needed.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
The Sheraton Arlington Hotel is an EOE & Drug Free Workplace