Social Media Specialist
Less than 5 years experience • New Media
Who we are:
As a specialized community, Peerlyst become home for cybersecurity experts because of our dedication and professionalism. As a fast-growing startup, Peerlyst, integrated by a collaborative, supportive, and open-minded culture, also brings employees together like a family along with every step we made.
In this role, the individual will work closely with the community, marketing and sales teams to build and deploy measurable social mediacampaigns that help Peerlyst gain visibility with existing and new community members. This person will communicate from the company’s brand tone and voice, curate available content and promote members’ content, foster traffic and engagement from social networks, understand the inner workings – as well as socially accepted protocols – of social platforms. This person will be building and testing different campaigns specific for each platform, engage with the community, amplify Peerlyst’s brand, and create content that is consistent and relevant to our community. This person also needs a solid background in measuring success of campaigns while pushing scalable, cost-effective awareness growth measured by branded search increases, trackable inbound traffic from social channels.
- Responsible for all social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, YouTube and more) and their content calendars, posting, engagement and health of communities.
- Build & own the global social calendar for all of Peerlyst's corporate social channels for ongoing activations and coordinate with influencers, brand, experiential, and other key stakeholders to ensure programmatic content is organized.
- Handle posting approved assets and copy across social channels to amplify the voice of the community.
- Identify community insights and spot trends to inform content strategy and recommendations.
- Support development and execution of influencer programs and scale them.
- Create and execute day-to-day social media initiatives, including writing and posting diverse content and developing opportunities for engagement on the Peerlyst platform.
- Set KPIs and benchmarks for all tactics, programs and campaigns.
- Gather analytics and metrics for reporting and assemble post mortems and reports.
- Support the strategic development of social media programs and build out creative programs (tips and tricks, best-of, weekly / monthly contests) to empower the community.
- BA/BS degreerequired, or 1-2 years of experience in the security market
- 1-3 years of proven experience driving social media management for a brand preferably in the social media space
- Excellent and versatile communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms, especially LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Knowledge in analytics, web technology, mobilecampaigns, community and the concepts of creative and brand strategy and proficient in tools to measure engagement (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, Iconic Square, onlypult)
- Sound editorial judgment with an informed POV on content that will appeal to the brand demographic
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written
- Ability to test and measure campaigns across all platforms
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- Photoshop/Illustrator or Photography skills a plus
- Excels in communication with users who inspire the community
- Good sense of humor helpful
Salary range: $40,000-$55,000 a year plus options
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- security market: 1 year
- Social MediaMarketing: 1 year