The Biossance division at Amyris is looking for a skilled Social Media & PR Manager to join the team. This role will entail developing and executing Biossance presence across all social platforms and leading all strategic PR and media initiatives to support the business. The ideal candidate will have a consumer products background and the ability to be flexible and solutions-oriented in a fast-paced environment. This role will report to the Senior Director of Marketing.
* Develop a strategic plan that enhances customer loyalty via social media and public relations. Experience and understanding of influencer marketing integration with social & PR will be critical
* Identify opportunities to integrate social media, influencer marketing, and media to drive top line revenue
* Manage a detailed calendar aligned to key marketing priorities and execute content that drives increased reach and follower engagement
* Define and execute disruptive PR, Social, and Experiential Marketing strategies
* Ideate creative ways for Biossance to have a presence on additional social channels we’re not currently active on
* Analyze key metrics regarding social media performance and make recommendations to senior management
* Manage relationship with PR Agency to create powerful campaigns that garner significant reach and media attention
* Build and nurture relationships with key media contacts and influencers, and act as the brand’s spokesperson when appropriate
* Identify and build relationships with key digital influencers and tastemakers, and engage them to help execute partnerships that amplify key marketing moments
* Responsible for managing and responding to customer inquiries and questions on all social channels
* Be a brand ambassador at relevant social media related events
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
* 5 years of industry experience
* Self-starter, ability to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment. Must demonstrate sound decision-making and ability to react quickly under pressure. Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task and juggle shifting priorities
* Strong project management skills with proven track record of delivering high quality work under tight timelines
* Work well independently and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated experience in marketing analytics and creating marketing dashboards and reports. Present data in an actionable and useful way to allow business owners to make decisions
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to write content that demonstrates a clear and consistent brand voice.
* Demonstrated skill in managing people, high EQ, creativity, and a command presence proven track record of developing and executing innovative PR and Social Media strategy.
* Meaningful experience with agency/vendor management
* Ability to edit images in Photoshop are a bonus.