The Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for building and optimizing King Arthur Flour’s social media presence, leveraging best practices to drive both organic and paid engagement. The role is responsible for creating and executing social media campaigns, managing the social media advertising budget, overseeing the social media content calendar, and acting as the primary liaison with paid influencer partners. The Social Media Marketing Manager will oversee the development of King Arthur Flour’s social properties, guiding our brand voice, defining goals and objectives for specific social media platforms, and leveraging opportunities to expand the company’s digital presence through new platforms and partnerships. The ideal fit for this position has social media advertising experience, a solid understanding of the current digital marketing landscape, and is passionate about baking and the King Arthur Flour brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the strategy, execution, and analysis of King Arthur Flour’s paid and organic social media marketing strategy, focusing on expanding brand awareness, customer loyalty, and conversions.
- Manage social marketing budget, leveraging advanced targeting tactics to reach intended audiences while meeting KPI targets.
- Lead the Digital Engagement Team and online engagement strategy. Define guidelines for best practices and engagement benchmarks; monitor and provide feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Spearhead social-first campaigns, acting as project manager and collaborating with essential business units.
- Develop and maintain relationships with brand partners, key influencers, and external bloggers.
- Collaborate with Content Team to inform video strategy; facilitate video launches and social optimization.
- Work with the Marketing Team (Brand Management, Digital and Content Marketing, Web, Mission) and business leaders tosupport King Arthur Flour product lines, programs, and initiatives on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with Web Team to maintain social sharing optimization across the site.
- Distribute reports summarizing campaigns as well as monthly social media content performance, audience engagement, and advertising efforts. Identify opportunities to make social media campaigns more efficient and effective.
- Keep current on industry changes. Advise marketing team on impactful news and emerging trends.
- Openly communicate team and individual expectations and concerns
- Be readily accessible, willing to listen and seek to understand
- Engage your team: motivating, directing, inspiring and involving them in decisions
- Nurture growth in others by supporting their passions, strengths and work styles
- Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and managing performance issues
Minimum job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.)
- 4-6 years of professional social media marketing experience at a consumer product company, media company, or marketingagency
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Hands-on experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics), Social CRMs (Spredfast), Business Manager, Power Editor, Promoted Pins
- Love and understanding of baking; genuine enthusiasm for all things KAF
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, adaptable, flexible, and reliable
- Must be a team player, willing to support at times, lead other times
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Think and act strategically, understand how role contributes to larger outcome
- Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Set high standards for oneself, meet deadlines
- Learn from mistakes, receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listen and respect others’ points of view
- Participate in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Community minded – get involved, volunteer
Physical requirements/work environment
- Physical requirements
- Regularly sit for extended periods of time
- Use computer equipment including keyboard, mouse and monitor 4-8 hours daily
- Work environment
- Open office work environment
- Understand that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
- Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engage in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
- Adhere to company-wide green norms, look for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educate oneself on KAF environmental campaigns
- Strive to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact