The successful candidate will drive social media efforts that engage many audiences, none more important than current, and prospective Clark students and families. This role requires tapping into the great things our students are doing, knowing what matters to them, and assessing the best ways to communicate about their experiences on, and beyond, campus.
The position demands someone who is thoughtful and creative, respectful and accurate, and who possesses an instinctual feel for content with impact. The successful candidate will enlighten the world about the accomplishments of our faculty and alumni, delivering news of the Clark mission as far as the digi-verse will take it.
The candidate also will work alongside the Director of Marketing and Communications on a variety of projects to help bring the Clark brand to life and achieve the reputational and revenue goals of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
Included in a range of responsibilities:
• Oversee the University’s main social mediachannels, strategizes, creates, and executes social media calendars and campaigns; work to increase engagement among multiple audiences on social media platforms, and exercises sound judgment in creation and dissemination of social media content, specifically regarding value to the institution and appropriateness.
• Ensure consistency in social tone and voice across all platforms.
• Help train and mentor departments on best practices; present to groups across campus when requested.
• Produce social media analytics and reports, as requested.
• Manage a team of student workers (Social Squad) to help generate content for all social media platforms.
• Manage and develop digital tracking and advertising for various campaigns.
• Research best practices and trends for social media engagement as well as overall design of social media accounts.
• Monitor social media trends and advise editorial the team on possible story ideas.
• Create and implement marketing and communications strategies that fortify Clark’s brand and elevate its reputation while ensuring a clear and consistent voice, imagery, and brand positioning for the university.
• Organize and manage a variety of projects involving different constituencies on campus.
• Assist in meeting preparation, video and photoshoots both on and off campus, take notes at meetings, and provide support at events.
• Process and complete marketing requests, seeing projects through from concept to completion.
• Assisting team members with day-to-day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities as requested.
• Support the in-house marketing and design team by coordinating and collating content.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field, required.
• 3-5 years of professional social mediaexperience, particularly in positions that require use of digital communications tools.
• Be a self-starter and have exceptionally strong writing and editing capabilities, strong project-management capabilities, be a team player, think creatively, and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
• Experience building content calendars, promoting posts, and tracking and generating reports as needed.
• Possess a strong knowledge of the digital media landscape including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
• Knowledgeable in the use of cutting-edge social media tools and technologies to help take our social channels to the next level.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as experience with Hootsuite and social media analytics (including Google Analytics and Facebook Insight).
• Strong project manager — organized, adaptable, and approachable.
• Familiarity with Adobe products or experience doing basic graphic design is a plus.