The Social Media Manager is an integral member of RMI’s Marketing & Communications (M&C) team and will work closely with our program marketers and the communications team to implement social media campaigns that engage and motivate our market. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating the adoption of renewable energy and tackling climate change is preferred.
This position reports to the Director of Public Relations and will work closely with the media, creative, content production, and digital marketing teams. They will manage two direct reports, one in charge of content creation/thought leadership and the other focused on community management and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field.
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape, including channels, best practices and audiences.
- Five years of social media marketing experience in a fast-paced environment, agency experience preferred
- Extensive experience with social media publishing tools, particularly Sprout Social (posting, listening, analytics)
- Excellent messaging and storytelling skills and ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives
- Strong strategy, problem solving, storytelling and presentation skills
- Experience with understanding social analytics and building actionable reports
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: energy, climate change, policy, or the broader energy transition
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal / collaborative skills with staff and internal clients at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Self-starter and able to work under ambiguity and adapt quickly to changing environments
- An intense drive for results and impact