As Social Media Manager, Corporate Communications you are responsible for contributing to the agency’s internal and external culture and reputation by developing and executing content plans for Initiative’s social channels. With fresh, creative thinking you will create and implement communications that promote theagency’s work, talent, reputation, positioning, diversity, values and innovation.
- Develop strategies and content for ongoing social media activity from planning, briefing, live execution and optimization. Primary channels include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all agency initiatives, programs, key moments and marketing and PR objectives and translate these to social content.
- Track and synthesize ongoing industry trends in social media to ensure we are best in class.
- Develop communications plans and strategies that align with the agency’s vision, objectives and brand guidelines.
- Work closely with Events, Awards, and Business Development teams to align communications toongoing agency priorities and programs.
- Keep a pulse on the live activity of the agency and create organic content.
- Attend local live events and panels to cover agency and industry content.
- Manage and monitor communications schedules and executions,
- Analyze channel performance and create recap reports on progress, metrics, key learnings and successes.
- Assist with the development and execution of communications including but not limited to internalmemos and announcements, newsletters, video content, event collateral and press releases.
- Create and manage presentations and signage of internal events such as Town Halls, guest speaker series and vendor events.
- Manage and update lists for various communications including global employees, clients and partners.
- Coordinate with Human Resources, Talent & Acquisition and Learning & Development to ensure internalcommunications are timely and distributed through appropriate channels.
- Digital librarian – organize and manage digital assets, content and agency information.
- Own administrative responsibilities such as managing invoice processing, securing meeting spaces and coordinating collateral printing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in journalism, media, advertising or communications with focus on digital content and social media
- Experienced social strategist with proven track record of developing and executing successful online marketing and social media programs
- High degree of tech, mobile and social comfort and awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible POV/voice and ability to adapt different messages to various channels and outlets
- Extreme attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms and metrics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of basic graphic design and Photoshop
- Ability to work successfully within a team, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines
- Hard working, multi-tasker who enjoys taking ownership of projects
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate at all levels
- Self-starter comfortable in dynamic work environments
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and help out on any project or event when needed
Initiative is different to other media agencies. We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highlydifferentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients. We’re not the biggest agency in town. So rather than outsize our competitors we must outsmart them. That’s why we’ve built the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic capability is an obsession withculture and how brands can pivot from brand advertising (which is forgettable) to cultural branding (which is highly memorable). Our new world model is comprised of five central “craft centers” – Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design, Partnerships, and Analytics.
Tracking Code : 20152868