IndieWire is seeking a talented and dynamic Social Media Manager to join our team in either New York or Los Angeles. IndieWire’s Social Manager will be responsible for engaging with readers on our film and television content seven days a week, increasing traffic and social impact, raising the brand’s profile and boosting our loyal following on various social media networks.
- Manage IndieWire’s suite of social media accounts
- Ensure that every new piece of content published on IndieWire.com is supported on Facebook and Twitter
- Update Instagram feed daily with photo and video content
- Grow social referrals and monitor monthly goals on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms
- Provide daily reports at news meetings about what’s getting social engagements and driving traffic
- Aggressively cover live events on social media across all our platforms
- Manage IndieWire’s YouTube channel and develop creative new opportunities
- Contribute to marketing campaigns to raise profile of brand
- Work with sales to develop and support IndieWire’s social feeds as revenue streams.
- Pitch onsite editorial content that could expand engagement and audience, based on social insights
- Liaise with Los Angeles-based marketing teams and with social media peers at other PMC brands for new insights
- Devise novel ways to repromote evergreen stories.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- 3-4 years of experience in social media
- Ability to balance editorial and marketing initiatives
- Deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Ability to brainstorm new strategies for engaging readers on a range of platforms
- Knowledge of social media analytics metrics and tools
- Availability to work some nights and weekends to cover award shows and live events
- Familiarity with email and digital marketing campaigns
- Passion and knowledge of film/TV space as it relates to the IndieWire brand
- Passion for social media and audience acquisition
- Proven ability to grow a loyal following on social media
- A desire to stay within social media for the long-term and make social media the basis of your career, with future growth opportunities remaining within the social media space.