Lord Jones formulates, manufactures and distributes the world's finest hemp-derived CBD infused products. Our products have been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Forbes, Harper’s Bazaar, Rolling Stone, The New Yorker and Bon Appetit, to name a few. Lord Jones took the beauty world by storm when it became the first ever CBD brand to launch at Sephora. Fast Company recognized Lord Jones as one of the "World's Most Innovative Companies" of 2019. We make best-in-class products and are looking for ultra-talented employees to join us in the fastest growing industry in the world.
The Social Media Manager (SMM) is responsible for overseeing and advancing our social media marketing efforts, to provide world-class content and experiences for our brands. The SMM must closely collaborate with brand management, public relations, creative, education, digital and customer care teams to shape the strategy, planning and execution of our organic social media marketing strategy. You will be charged with satisfying Brand Marketing requirements while driving customer engagement and DTC conversion.
This position is responsible for day-to-day management of all social media channels for Lord Jones and Happy Dance brands. The SMM promotes collaboration and teamwork and fosters the best overall brand experience for our consumers. You will be the creative spark that champion’s new vibrant ideas and keeps the brands fresh and interesting across all platforms. You will also represent the voice of the consumer and use analytical tools bring customer insights back to the organization in an effort to continually optimize the brand experience and deliver fully on the brand promise.
This role specifically requires you to:
- Create, execute and optimize multi-channel social media strategies for the Lord Jones and Happy Dance brands in order to drive sales on each brands’ DTC website and increase brand equity and affinity.
- Manage the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly social calendars for both brands.
- Be the resident expert for all things social media. This includes knowing the nuances between platforms to ensure the brands are using each platform to its fullest.
- Foster a vibrant community of followers for each brand by through world-class community management, customer service and educational content development.
- Work collaboratively with many internal and external stakeholders (ex: Brand Management, Creative, Digital Team, Customer Care, Public Relations, external vendors etc.) to bring world-class social experience to our consumers.
- Advocate for great creative that delivers on the brand experience. Support the creative team toward stretching creative limits in an effort to continuously deliver fresh, relevant and artistic creative that surprises, delights and entertains.
- Champion being “first” and to boldly go where no brand has gone before. Challenge the status quo and question the norm to bring the brand message to consumers in the freshest way possible.
- Embrace the fluid nature of social media and seamlessly adapt to the continuous optimization of internal plans and schedules.
- Use analytical software (ex: social media monitoring tools, social listening tools), a“test and learn” mindset and ongoing landscape audits to continuously improve social media plans and consistently report progress to cross-functional and executive teams.
- Create and manage a detailed social media budget. Must be efficient with spending and thoughtfully consider how marketing dollars can be prioritized, extended or optimized.
You’ll Love This Job If You’re:
- Passionate about understanding consumers and the social environment.
- Creative and can go beyond digital as a channel. Must be passionate about making social marketing a driver of culture that serves as the heartbeat of our sales.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that is highly collaborative and requires you to be dedicated, fast-moving and scrappy
- Driven and results-oriented. Must have strong initiative and enjoy constantly working to exceed objectives.
- Driven by details. Must be an organized and meticulous planner.
- Both highly analytical and strategic. Must have strong problem-solving and strategic thinking skills. Must be able to solve problems quickly using a blend of analytical, strategic and creative skills.
- Ambitious and Adaptable. Must be comfortable working on projects that are ambiguous and have a high failure rate.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5+ years progressive experience in a marketing or communications role for a consumer-facing brand, preferably in consumer packaged goods, fashion or entertainment
- 3+ years experience overseeing a large-scale social media program, preferably for a consumer packaged goods brand
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing industry, channels, strategies, tactics and analytics
- Excellent communication, collaboration and analytic skills
- Ability to travel as needed
Bonus points for:
- Experience within the mom or luxury fashion marketing space
- Experience within the CBD marketing space