Have you ever wondered what happens inside thecloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs bybringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in theworld.
We want people who are passionate about sharing our message and are effective communicators.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Social Media Manager to take its social media presence to the next level. This role will be accountable for DigitalOcean’s identity and perception on social platforms and will be responsible for contributing to social and content strategy, creating engaging community initiatives and campaigns, and executing tactics on platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Quora, Linkedin, and any other relevant platforms. You are a great candidate for this role if you can relate to developers, are interested in cloud computing and coding, and have a history of creating great experiences on social media.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Create interesting, educational, and fun content that engages developers and highlights our workplace and culture
- Create reports to measure performance and locate key insights
- Ensure brand voice is maintained in all social media communication
- Create and execute engaging community initiatives (eg. social media contests, challenges, promotions, etc)
- Boost company announcements using social media channels
- Assist marketing department in creating effective ad targets and campaigns
- Develop engagement and social media growth strategies
- Respond to customers about technical and non-technical topics
- Implement processes to automate and scale all social efforts
- Manage stakeholders from a variety of departments
- Engage with the DigitalOcean community in an ongoing positive way
What We'll Expect From You:
- Strong experience with social media marketing, especially organic marketing (at least three years’ experience)
- Ability to track and report on KPIs
- Highly active profiles on social media
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the web infrastructure and/or cloud computing space
- Some leadership experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux a big plus
- You get excited about empowering developers
- You’re passionate about social media and new media
- You’re a risk taker and creative thinker
- You have a good sense of humor
- You love creating/sharing content/stories
- You have excellent relationship-building and influence skills
- You’re analytical and detail focused
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of thesmartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to supportyour physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips toand from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees withKindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces locatedin the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches tokeep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack tocommunicate across the company—and all remote employees have theopportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employeesto customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or inoffice.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.