The Manager, Social Media is a key member of the Content & Community team. At your core you're a social media native with a keen sense of what engages, inspires and is useful to an audience. You are highly creative with an innovative, social first mindset.
For you, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword or challenge, but rather an opportunity and school of thought you use to drive creativity, collaboration, and innovation in all that you do. You find and appreciate diversity across multiple dimensions, and understand the importance of showing audiences a myriad of representations of themselves in the content we put out.
This role reports to the Content Strategist, Content Development as part of the wider Content + Community Team (Birchbox Experience Group).
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Managing, developing and executing the social media content lineup across our social media platforms for beauty and grooming (Facebook / Facebook Live, Instagram / Instagram Stories, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Plan the social monthly needs in the Social Content calendar
- Partner with key stakeholders (i.e. Content Strategist, Managing Editor (B+G), creative) to deliver monthly assets.
- Strategize and develop effective social campaigns for Birchbox initiatives. Partner with editorial, creative, merchandising, brand marketing and events leads to create social-first content.
- Translating beauty+ grooming stories coming out of the Copy + Editorial team for social channels
- Collaborating with the content strategist and content development on any on-site journey needs - channel optimized pages etc
- Creating visual & written assets
- Writing social copy as needed
- Creating simple social videos & taking pictures (iPhone)
- Utilizing Photoshop templates to create designed assets
- Collaborating with the creative studio team & video editor on larger scale videos and image shoots
- Managing, mentoring and helping to develop a senior associate and associate
- Leading on analytics and performance tracking
- Track and report on relevant KPIs
- Monitor competitor and industry updates within the social landscape, and sharing with relevant team members
- Feeding learnings back to the wider team and implementing them to optimize visuals and copy
- Testing new, emerging features on social media platforms
- 4+ years experience working in social media at an agency or a brand
- Highly creative - ability to create simple but compelling content (videos, images & words)
- Track record of innovation in the social space and passion for the role that social can play in overall marketing & content strategy
- Project management - can handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- People management & development
- Beauty experience strongly preferred
- Paid social media management and basic SEO understanding a plus
- Have excellent writing skills and a good visual eye
- Always on top of the latest social trends and platforms changes
- A plus if comfortable on camera.