Our mission is to connect the world’s photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
The Engagement Manager will interact with our photography Community daily, working to establish stronger engagement, brand awareness, and user acquisition via the 500px social mediachannels as well as managing our Sponsored, Community, and Contributor Quests (photo contests). In addition to day to day management of social media, this person will develop and execute a strategy to expand Quests and bolster submissions while providing a pipeline of potential Licensing Contributors to the Art Director / Creative Research Lead.
They will also be expected to provide the Content Team with insights, feedback, and research on the content submitted through Quests, therefore they need to be fluent in all aspects of photography. They must be able to effectively communicate client briefs and provide art direction and feedback to our photographers and Community.
As member of the Marketing Team, reporting into the Sr. Marketing Manager, and working closely with the Content Team, the candidate will work to establish stronger ties with our photographers on social media and grow engagement with Quests.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create and execute a high impact social media strategy and calendar that increases brand awareness and supports Marketing and Licensing objectives while expanding audiences and increasing engagement
- Work collaboratively with the Content Team Art Director and Marketing Community Manager to set guidelines for the photos shared on social, execute digital strategies, schedule assets on social media, and drive awareness and growth of the 500px brand
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to ensure campaigns & product launches are communicated effectively on all social channels
- Work with Design team to ensure creative assets are on brand and achieve social goals
- Support tracking and report performance of social channels & assets
- Run tests and report on successes to optimize social posting schedule, assets, engagement, etc.
- Own the organization of all digital assets used for social
- Manage the strategy and execution for the 500px profile on 500px
- Manage Editors’ Choice, including Guest Editors and internal Editors
- Create and execute a strategy for Quests that increases submissions and supports Marketing and Licensing objectives
- Build a feedback loop for users submitting to Quests
- Review all Quests submissions for Sponsored, Community, and Contributor Quests
- Shortlist Quests submissions and judge various Quests where needed
- Own all communication around Quests, including proactive outreach to Community members to promote participation
- Work with Product & Product Operations Teams to establish features, add-ons, and automation to create smoother submission workflow, communication, and process
- Support and encourage positive engagement and messaging throughout all social channels and Quests
- Collaborate with Content Team members to understand trends, insights, and gaps in our Licensing collection so that they can be incorporated into the content and social strategy and execution
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A minimum 3-5 years working in social media with experience working in photography and design environments highly preferred
- A related degree in digital marketing or visual arts
- Thrives in a digital space with an eagerness to learn and adapt to current trends
- Experience with commercial licensing is an asset
- Experience working with Data Sciences, Product, Product Operations/Marketing teams a must
- Strong creative research skills
- Ability to translate various sources of data into actionable insights that inform both social and Content strategies and planning
- Commercial/Editorial photographyexperience, preferably direct experience as a photographer
- Experience with Photoshop and photo manipulation preferred
- Experience with user generated photographypreferred
- A knowledge of photography briefs and ability to discuss photography with professional photographers
- An active curation eye
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- Great health and dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- In-person interviews: 3-5 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.