SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About the Role
SurveyMonkey’s Global Communications team is seeking a Director, Social Media who will be a creative and strategic leader. As a Director, Social Media, you will be responsible for developing and executing an organic social media strategy, including supervising all SurveyMonkey brand accounts, and integrating social into the overarching marketing and communications strategy. This leader is a marketing strategist who can identify powerful campaign insights that promote SurveyMonkey priorities and values, resonate with customers, and differentiate our brand. If you are someone who is a passionate, innovative big picture thinker who can connect social to all other aspects of the business to drive growth, then this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do
- Establish a data-driven approach to inform and build overall social strategy to increase awareness and engagement.
- Build overarching plans and strategies to meet marketing and business objectives
- Develop KPIs and help create mechanisms to analyze the team's initiatives and its impact on business results.
- Work closely with across departments to execute strategic, engaging, and award-winning social campaigns
- Coordinate and develop social best practices, strategies and approach with other departments who utilize social accounts, platforms and strategies to achieve their business objectives.
- Be a creative storytelling champion for the social strategy in partnership with Brand and Content Marketing teams
- Regularly communicate performance against objectives to the organization. Analyze post-publication metrics to establish standard practices and evaluate team performance.
- Feedback insights gained from social media monitoring into the teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
- Manage company’s social reputation and brand. Oversee social media channels in times of crisis.
- Lead and encourage the social team to pursue and deliver excellence
What To Bring
- 10+ years of experience in advertising, media, digital media, marketing, or consulting roles.
- Strong record of developing and executing successful large-scale campaigns/products/initiatives with measurable results.
- Proven results building social following across a variety of channels and using social to drive demand.
- A creative and strategic approach to drive with exciting, forward-thinking ideas that strongly align with SurveyMonkey’s business strategy.
- Experience leading multiple external agencies/vendors to consistently and effectively deliver outstanding strategies and creative
- Demonstrated passion for driving big ideas through customer insights
- Comprehensive understanding of best practices standards for all social media channels including and not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and collaborative working style – ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- You have strong project management, budget and organizational skills.
- You have a deep understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- You can effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- You know how to run camera and sound for short videos
- You're a great teammate, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- You have knowledge of principles of SEO
- Editorial experience