$200K — $250K *
Social Media Director
About the Role
The Social Media Director is responsible for shaping how we effectively engage our social community, from both a product sales and brand values perspective. You will develop and execute consumer focused social marketing and ad strategies, monitor, listen, and respond to the community using relevant brand tone of voice, analyze and report results, manage budget, and work collaboratively with the marketing and e-commerce teams to plan and align on priorities.
We expect innovation and a constant supply of ideas to generate bigger and stronger communities and advocates, generating UGC and positive conversation about our brands. We also expect you to live and breathe our brand values and guidelines to ensure every customer/brand touch point is consistent. This is a position for someone with solid social media management and digital marketing experience who follows the latest fashion, celebrity, and social trends, and can put them into context for our Claire’s communities. The right person is results focused and analytical, with solid experience of crisis and influencer management, covering live activations, and will possess a good understanding of the Gen Z generation and what drives and engages them.
• Develop & control the social media strategy by agreeing, setting and communicating a clear vision and strategy, and by developing and managing social media marketing campaigns
• Manage & develop the social media team based in the UK and USA.
• Ensure the content strategy and brand voice is implemented across all channels and all brands including Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Linked In, We Heart It, Snapchat and emerging channels.
• Be a brand ambassador by living the brand values and demonstrating enthusiasm and confidence in the brand strategy.
Consumer Focus & Engagement
• Production and ownership of a consumer facing social media strategy using consumer research, analysis of results, and knowledge of this generation to ensure most effective & engaging use of channels and messages, and build larger, more engaged communities.
• Build strategies to increase the size of communities, generate more positive brand conversation and UGC, and encourage new and lapsed consumers to reappraise the brand.
• Effective community management to drive engagement and consumer advocacy
• Effective crisis management to drive brand reputation and consumer advocacy
• Plan and deliver a social media strategy that will deliver the maximum commercial return for the business in terms of reach, engagement and sales. Maximize Omni-channel customer conversion and value.
• Plan & manage social media budget to ensure maximum engagement, channel growth and ROI.
• Constant innovation, competitor analysis and identification of opportunities to drive the business and brand agenda.
• Identify new developments and trends in the social media market, including tools, applications, channels, design and strategy, that could be of benefit to the business.
• Work closely with the Customer Service departments and Social Media Coordinators to ensure all customer service complaints and queries made on social media are dealt with quickly and effectively in real-time where possible
• Develop a structured and effective Social Customer Service strategy, implement and constantly monitor for improvements.
• Deep understanding of current and emerging social media platforms; you should be well versed in the latest trends and their broader impacts on the marketplace.
• Experience of managing a team, preferably across countries.
• Proven history of growing communities, engagement and brand advocacy
• Excellent planning and workflow management skills
• Experience of partnering and onboarding influencers
• A good understanding of Gen Z & Alpha, and a passion for what engages them
• A good understanding of the balance of marketing to parents as well as to their children.
• A creative eye for copy, video and design, and experience of working with designers
• Budget management experience
• Excellent communication & collaboration skills and the ability to talk comfortably with everyone, from interns and journalists to celebrities to C-suite
• Flexibility, resilience, persistence, a ‘can do’ attitude, and a good sense of humor are essential
• A love of fashion, beauty & celebrity lifestyle essential
• Crisis management experience
• Proven analytical and ROI reporting skills
• Must be used to working & thriving in a fast moving environment..
• Demonstrable photography, Photoshop and video editing skills would be a bonus but not essential
• Languages, especially French & Spanish, would be a bonus but not essential
• Marketing, Social Media. Media Studies or Journalism bachelor’s degree
• At least 8 years’ experience in a social media environment, with at least 4 as a manager, ideally within a retail environment or leading media, agency or brand
Valid through: 8/25/2020
$250K — $500K+
12 days ago
$130K — $140K + $19K—$21K bonus + equity
2 days ago