The Retail business within Honeywell brings a wide range of outstanding footwear and personal protective products to the retail market. The personal protective offering leverages the strength of the Honeywell safety brands, including Howard Leight and Honeywell PPE to provide unequaled value to our retail partners. Our premium footwear portfolio, which includes The Original Muck Boot Company, XTRATUF, and Oliver builds on our rich legacy foundation to deliver products of unparalleled differentiated value. Our great products are only the beginning; it is our great team of retail professionals that enable us to consistently win by delighting our demanding retail customers.
We are seeking a Social Media, Digital Content and PR Marketing Manager to join our Retail team based in our new offices in Westwood, MA. This is a unique opportunity to lead the digital and brand evolution of a nimble and entrepreneurial business unit within a Fortune 100 company.
- As a Marketing Manager you will primarily be responsible for partnering with the team on developing a competitive positioning, consumer target and expression for each brand and for implementing integrated digital programs (paid influencer, social media and PR) to grow the Muck, XTRATUF, Oliver and Howard Leight brands
- Drive the brands consumer marketing calendars in partnership with product management, ecomm and channel/account marketing functions
- Coordinate with legal and Honeywell Corporate Communications teams to ensure all messaging and outreach meets all regulatory and internally created guidelines
- Attend consumer and tradeevents as a representative of the brand and to capture and create content
- Build and maintain the master consumer marketing calendar for the brands
- Partner with ecomm and channelmarketing team to ensure alignment of all activity
Content Marketing and Digital Specific Responsibilities:
- Partner with extended Retail team to design and set seasonal brand messaging strategy that drives overall consumer awareness and sales in a programmatic and measurable manner
- Rethink and manage a content creation and management process that drives original, engaging and authentic assets and stories that elevate each of our focus brands in a manner that drives market demand
- Manage and curate a roster of online influencers who create original content and bullhorn our brand and product messages
- Partner with the product team and other marketing team members to support core and new product introductions
PR Specific Responsibilities:
- Partner with team to define and activate strategies to build awareness via earned media placements
- Manage outside PR agencies
- Ensure the brands are well represented at trade and editor/influencer events
- Continuously seek out new and exciting opportunities for the brands to further engage with editors, influencers and end consumers
- Partner with agency and others within Honeywell to create outreach materials, coordinate sample distribution and track/measure all PR activity
Social Media Specific Responsibilities:
- Partner with team to define and activate strategies to build awareness and drive engagement
- Analyze competitors and other leaders in the space to determine best practices for Honeywell Retail brands
- Work closely with Customer Service, Digital Marketing and Ecommerce teams to ensure alignment of messages and that all outreach is being serviced
- Implement social mediacampaigns to expand market share and pursue aggressive growth targets
- Manage third party vendors and agencies tasked with enabling our social mediamarketing and paid advertising initiatives
- Develop and lead the creation of original social media content that captivates and engages target consumers
- Track and report all activity
- Assist with non-ecommerce specific marketing and brand building activities.
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s degree (Preference in Marketing/Business Management)
- A minimum of 4 years in product-based digital, brand management, social media and/PR roles, preferably for a footwear or apparel brand(s)
- Ability to create compelling professional grade original content for usage on social media
- Experience using Spreadfast and Synthesio preferred
Additional Candidate Qualifications:
- Experience working in a publicly traded corporation is a bonus.
- Global marketingexperience with a keen understanding of cultural and geographic marketing nuances.
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Experience in building seasonal messaging calendars.
- Competency in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Project management experience.
- The ability to manage vendors and junior team members.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in and passion for the footwear and retail industry, bonus for an understanding of shooting sports.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.