At Mission North, we work with companies that want to drive real change in their industries. Our communications agency looks to hire dynamic professionals who want a career and work culture built around purpose and impact. Mission North works with technology and life sciences companies at every stage: startups going to market, growth-stage companies, and established ones like Google and LinkedIn.
We are looking for a social media content creator and strategist who knows B2B audiences and how to find them, understands the role of social media in companies’ larger narratives and storytelling, and can adapt to a wide range of voices to write clear, concise and human copy.
What makes us Mission North?
- We’re a down-to-earth team that knows how to have fun at work and outside the office
- We believe in lifelong learning and personal growth
- Recognizing employees for their hard work is deeply embedded in our culture
Here’s what you’d be doing day-to-day:
- Conceptualize strong social media campaigns and content to meet client objectives, working closely with directors, senior directors, VPs, and our digital and content studios
- Write compelling, clear social copy according to client brand/executive voice guidelines, business goals, social media playbooks, and your own mastery of words and their power — this is largely a writing role
- Strategically use both organic and paid social media to extend and amplify client communications, earned and owned media, and leadership point of view through social extensions of executive thought leadership platforms
- Immerse yourself in our practice areas (Growth (Adtech/Martech), Trust (Cyber Security), FinTech, Life Sciences, Future of Work, VC, Future Stack) and the ways in which our clients are moving their industries forward
- Use social media publishing and monitoring tools to effectively distribute content and measure and report on campaign performance
- Act as social media lead and day-to-day client contact for digital initiatives on select accounts
- Contribute as a lead writer and strategist for Mission North’s own social media channels
- Provide ad hoc support to teams and staff on social needs. Including: advising on last-minute tactics, producing social copy, quick analysis of campaign performance, influencer sourcing, etc.
- Evangelize social media’s value and integrated potential among staff and clients. Thoughtfully share social ideas, opportunities, best practices and processes to make the strongest case for social media adoption and impact.
- 5+ years in a digital marketing/social media-focused role, preferably at a B2B technology company or agency
- Well-honed copywriting skills — you love to do it and understand the nuances of powerful communication with short-form copy, including the ability to work with executives on their social platforms and voice
- Deep familiarity with different social media platforms (Twitter and LinkedIn in particular, but also Facebook and Instagram) and how to leverage each for maximum impact
- A solid understanding of the unique needs of B2B audiences vs. consumer audiences
- Experience working on integrated campaigns that bring together PR, content marketing, digital marketing, brand marketing and other communications channels to reach priority audiences with a unified narrative
- Experience working effectively with multiple stakeholders, including clients
- Expert organizational, communication and time management skills
- Proficiency with communications software and social media publishing and monitoring tools
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience managing paid social media campaigns
- Experience pitching new business
- Other content experience including blogging, journalism, podcasting, creative writing
- Knowledge one or more of our practice areas