We’re looking for a bright, motivated, creative thinker to propel our brand across all social channels. You’ll work with our advertising, PR and sales teams to engage readers, have conversations and shape our brand voice.
Rust-Oleum manufactures paints, primers, cleaners, automotive, industrial, high performance coatings, specialty products, wood stains and more. We’ve been doing it for almost 100 years.
We think you’ll find our history fascinating. Read our story here.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with brand management teams and agency to develop social media strategies and initiatives based on business objectives.
- Develops strategy and executes social media tactics for sponsorship programs and special events based on business objectives. Collaborates with PR, sales and advertising team. Represents Rust-Oleum at events.
- Works closely with customer social media teams to provide relevant and timely content for their programs.
- Oversees social media content development and management for all social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Manages Rust-Oleum’s LinkedIn Elevate employee advocacy program.
- Manages community management strategy and social customer care in coordination with Product Support.
- Manages Rust-Oleum crowdsourcing program and agency
- Develop, manage and report on trends using social listening software, crowdsourcing and available trend data.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 5 + years of public relations or marketing experience in an agency or corporate environment (consumer goods experience preferred).
- 2 + years demonstrated capabilities working with social media.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent digital media research and outreach skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface and collaborate with marketing staff and senior management.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Understanding of social listening, publishing and content creation tools; knowledge of Sprinklr a plus.