Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Social Media and Marketing Manager is a music-focused marketing professional responsible for developing, managing, and promoting content for Berklee Online’s social mediachannels and communities. While the Social Media and Marketing Manager’s primary responsibility will be overseeing Berklee Online’s organic and paid social media efforts, s/he will also be expected to have a professional understanding of the digital marketing landscape, including utilizing content marketing as a means of lead generation and using social media best practices and industry trends to tastefully insert Berklee Online into relevant conversations to increase brand awareness and conversions.
A major responsibility of this position is community management, and the Social Media and Marketing Manager will be expected to moderate and respond to social media inquiries in a professional manner. S/he must be comfortable compiling and interpreting social media data, while providing digestible reports that include core insights and actionable recommendations. The person in this role will write copy for social media content, and will also periodically assist in writing and/or editing copy for high-impact marketing materials, including print collateral, web content, blog posts, email communications, and more.
This person will work closely with the other members of Berklee Online’s marketing team, including a graphic designer, writer/editor, paid media specialist, video producers, and front-end web developers. This is a highly collaborative role, and the ability to work well across all areas of the department and the institution is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the creation, execution, and calendar of engaging content for Berklee Online’s social mediachannels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Work closely with the Manager of Strategic Enrollment Research to use metric-driven data to develop and optimize organic and paid social media strategy
- Manage and moderate dedicated Facebook groups for Berklee Online degree students, answering questions and escalating issues to the appropriate parties when needed
- Monitor and respond to social media inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Work closely with existing in-house paid media professionals to stay up to date with industry developments and strategize best in class solutions
- Measure and report on social media KPIs
- Write marketing copy for a variety of channels including email communications, video descriptions, and other web content
- Develop and maintain the consistency of Berklee Online’s brand voice in all marketing communications, implementing best practices developed with agencies and consultants
- Ensure consistent application of behavioral marketing techniques to our brand voice as recommended by consultants
- Work closely with senior staff to promote and share content from Berklee Online’s partners and affiliates
- Hire and manage student employees in the marketing department
- Work closely with senior staff to assist with the coordination of a variety of cross-functional initiatives and campaigns
- Collaborate and share ideas with the creative team to create engaging, exciting, marketing campaigns
- Have a working knowledge of SEO best practices as a means of generating additional search authority and organic traffic from content
- Source and order marketing related collateral for events
- Demonstrated expertise running social mediacampaigns
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in copyediting and proofreading
- Superb judgement skills - this person will be acting as the voice of Berklee Online on social media, and must be able to handle that responsibility with grace and professionalism
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment as well as independently
- Demonstrated skill in managing projects effectively to deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail.
- Must have a great attitude and be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere with high standards for quality and accuracy
- Familiarity with today’s music styles, leading musical figures, and the basic structure/organization of the music industry
- Familiarity with behavioral marketing
- Study emerging trends and best practices with social mediacommunity engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or English
- 3-5 years of professional writing and social mediaexperience. Specialization in music and/or higher education marketing is preferred.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Asana, Cvent, and Salesforce is preferred but not required
- Fluent (written/spoken) in English language