Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high-quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
In this role, you will act as the voice of Nexon by building and maintaining positive relationships with fans through a broad range of creative social engagement initiatives and public events.
Currently, all Nexon staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model will be in place once we resume on-site operations currently scheduled for January 2022.
- Increase brand awareness and engagement through high-impact social campaigns.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns top to bottom and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Become an advocate for the company across popular social media spaces.
- Develop retention, loyalty, re-engagement plans to keep players active and informed.
- Amplify major game content updates and promotional events to generate additional revenue.
- Analyze campaigns, monitor trends using social media tools, and develop an actionable plan to execute.
- Be the expert in all social media platforms and manage our presence in this space.
- Lead research on current benchmark trends and player preferences.
- Analyze and interpret data into insight reports that can be disseminated and easily understood by all relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Implement new strategies to enhance brand awareness.
- Identify and execute promotional opportunities including competitions and giveaways.
- Provide onsite presence and support for public events.
- Work closely with game production and community teams to craft integrated social media marketing strategies for delegated titles.
Skills & Requirements
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Advertising/Communications focus.
- 5-7 years experience working in a Creative, Communications, or Marketing role.
- Demonstrate creativity and possess excellent writing and language skills.
- Strong understanding of and interest in PC and console gaming trends.
- Confident communicator with an ability to manage and develop relationships with players.
- Strong reporting skills and data tracking experience.
- Flexible, motivated self-starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must possess both critical thinking skills and creativity.
We also like to see:
- 2+ years experience working in the entertainment and/or gaming industry.
- Advertising/Marketing agency experience preferred.
- Copywriting and SEO experience preferred.
- Paid promotions of social media content are a huge plus.
- Experience implementing or managing an influencer relations program is a plus.
- Event experience (PAX, GDC, etc.), including booth planning, managing appointments, and producing live streams preferred.
- That rare creative that can be both right and left-brained.
- An outside-of-the-box thinker and creative who can transform data into impactful marketing executions.
- Collaborative and inclusive. This means you have a knack for cross-functional work, bringing together teammates from different departments to reach consensus and achieve common goals.