The main responsibility of this position is to develop and execute a global social media strategy for Bio-Techne and its brands. This will include working cross functionally with product managers, campaign managers, digital marketing, human resources, and the sales organization to define social media needs. Will turn needs into a strategy and then execute high value social mediacampaigns. You will be directly responsible for measuring social media effectiveness for creating brand awareness and driving lead generation.
- Experience in the creation and deployment of global social media strategies.
- Familiarity with social mediachannels as it applies to scientific professionals.
- Experience with Social Media Management tools and platforms
- Experience managing paid campaign through LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Knowledge of audience management through social media platforms.
- Well organized demeanor and willingness to prioritize and share plans.
- Willingness to enforce compliance with social media standards with professional candor.
- Ability to think about social media beyond brand impact and think about customer journey and engagement. Is able to turn social media strategy into lead generation.
- Thinks about metrics and can demonstrate impact of strategy with platform analytics and Google Analytics
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, marketing or a related field. Must be able to demonstrate your ability to work cross functionally and create global alignment under a single social media strategy. Must have at least 2-5 years’ experience as a social media marketing manager. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Suite is preferred. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multi task, and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Adobe suite of products.
- Knowledge of Hootsuite or other Social Media Management tools
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of content deployment requirements for social channels.
- Knowledge of project management software.
- Skills in establishing effective interpersonal relationships such as the ability to solicit key ideas and information.
- Skills in resolving conflicts and negotiating with others. Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Skills in planning, organizing, time management and multi-tasking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical writing skills.
- Ability to think like a scientist but not get bogged down in the scientific detail.
- Ability to work with stakeholders from different functional areas .
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy.