The Specialist, Ethical Sourcing role is responsible for supporting Hasbro's Ethical Sourcing Program in addressing labor and human rights risks related to both the global manufacturing and licensing supply chains. He/she will report to the Director of Global Ethical Sourcing to help evaluate and assess supply chainrisk, work together with the Ethical Sourcing global team to drive vendor and licensee continuous improvement, oversee remediation plans when necessary and produce reports on overall supply chainrisk and program performance.
- Help lead the licensee ethical sourcing program including the development of licensee risk assessments, on-boarding new licensees, approval of New Deal memos, auditreport reviews to determine Hasbro factory production approval and development of training and capacity building programs partnering with Hasbro’s internal licensee managers
- Management and tracking of vendor data on auditscheduling, corrective action plan (CAP) and compliance progress to determine factory approval for Hasbro production.
- Monitor vendor compliance in relation to licensor and otherretailer compliance requirements to pro-actively detect and and address issues.
- Develop and generate ethical sourcing program performance reports related to both vendors and licensees to help detect risk and monitor progress.
- Participate in EICC membership work groups, webinars and events.
Specialized Skills / Knowledge
- Proven experience and knowledge in the human rights field, and an understanding of the international context in which the Hasbro operates; in-depth knowledge of labor rights principles including labor standards and labor rights obligations, excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build collaboration at all levels of the company; professional demeanor with the ability to work to tight deadlines and crisis management and an aptitude for learning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Policy or related discipline or experience in a relevant field (i.e., law, policy, human rights).
- At least 5 + years of relevant experience in ethical sourcing or sustainability; auditing experiencepreferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate internally and externally.