Rockwell Automation is a world leader in industrial automation. We love B2B and we hope you do too! We are looking for a creative and passionate social media ninja to manage our online communities and build a strong presence for our company.
Do you love to create meaningful connections, drive conversations forward and engage audiences? Do you wake up full of creative ideas and never stop learning? Are you ready to own the voice of a great brand? Then this may be the perfect role for you.
Our ideal candidate is a social media native that will grow our communities to increase brand awareness, engagement, website traffic and social ROI --- all while having fun.
- You have a great sense of humor and like to have fun at work.
- You think engineers are cool – we sure do!
- You are a fan of all four seasons – We are headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, and yes, it snows here sometimes.
- Own the voice of our brand across a myriad of social mediachannels.
- Write and post thoughtful and compelling content that is true to the brand voice, encourages participation and drives results against KPI’s.
- Using curated and original content, build, maintain and execute a social media calendar and optimized posting schedule that increases web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Closely monitor and manage social channels including evening and weekends - both in real-time and with scheduled posting.
- Help solve problems and resolve concerns in a timely manner.
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights
- Be a seeker - find, monitor and participate in industry-related online conversations across multiple channels to attract new followers to our communities
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends to engage with in real time, across platforms with accurate and engaging content.
- Increase follower counts and fan engagement across social properties
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of posts across social media platforms to continuously improve engagement
- Understand and leverage monitoring and provide consistent effectiveness metrics.
- Be opportunistic in leveraging ‘buzzes’ and ‘swarms’ to engage existing and new followers.
- Monitor and stay up to date on key industry trends, competitive insights and emerging or changing social media platforms
- Identify and share best practices with content contributors and regional social media community managers
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or equivalent.
- 5years of social media/community management experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Proven track record of listening & engaging with an online community and acting on company’s behalf
- Experience developing, growing, and managing online communities, content development, and publishing for a large brand/company
- Demonstrated history of increasing social growth and engagement
- Understanding of current social media trends and best practices
- Customer service oriented – friendly, diplomatic, empathetic and patient with a focus on conflict resolution
- Effectively communicates information and ideas in written and visual format
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, and respond to changes quickly
- Good sense of decorum and brand appropriateness
- Ability to discern potential negative/crisis situations and apply appropriate resolutions to alleviate issues.
- Experience with social media management systems, analytics and social listening tools.
- Established proficiency and creativity with multiple social media platforms
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Proficient using LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Google Analytics
- Experience with MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experiencemarketing B2B solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Graphic design and video editing skills