Develop valuable marketing content for social media platforms and marketing initiatives in support of key corporate objectives. Protect the BB&T brand, and ensure brand consistency in external communications.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide content management services by developing, curating, writing, editing, designing, publishing and archiving content to support social media, marketing automation campaigns and key marketing initiatives. Work closely with Marketing Strategy, Digital Channel, Data Science and Sales Analytics and line of business subject matter experts, as needed, to source and produce content. Ensure all required approvals of content are obtained. Gather and analyze data to guide future content development.
2. Manage the editorial calendar for the Bank's key social media platforms and the publishing of posts.
3. Work with Creative Services team and external partners to furnish creative assets for content projects and social media.
4. Research and provide ongoing reporting related to social media platform changes and trends.
5. Monitor social platforms and initiate response protocol, when necessary.
6. Gather social listening, engagement and reach analytics and present findings to appropriate working groups and councils within the Bank.
7. Work with external partners and internal subject matter experts to develop relevant content to be integrated in product and segment marketing initiatives, as well as brand awareness efforts.
8. Perform the functions of Client Communications Review, including the formal review of external marketing and advertising materials. This includes awareness of key legal and compliance issues. Enforce Brand Guidelines and Writing Style Guide to ensure brand consistency and brand fit (e.g. tone, personality).
9. Interface with various cross-functional teams to develop and post crisis communication content.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing or Journalism, or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven years of experience in advertising and marketing communications, including digital marketing
3. Strong writing skills and experience in writing for general marketing purposes and social media
4. Ability to analyze marketing research and data and develop and present reports to department leaders
5. High level of competency in consulting to internal clients and in project management, including the creation, conceptualization and execution of projects requiring multiple resources across departments and functions
6. High-level understanding of communications (e.g. digital, television, radio, print, outdoor, direct marketing, marketing collateral), and mass and targeted media
7. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and negotiation skills
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Experience in financial services industry
2. Familiarity with social platforms and social publishing tools