$100K — $150K *
BlueVoyant is looking for a SOC Security Analyst I to help our global customers manage their IT security. You will be part of a fast-paced team that helps customers to reduce the impact of security incidents and ensures that critical business operations continue unhindered.
This position is located in College Park, Maryland.
The schedule will be a Panama schedule: (slow rotating shift pattern that uses 4 teams and two 12-hour shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. The working and non-working days follow this pattern: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off)
• Monitor and analyze security events and alerts from multiple sources, including security information and event management (SIEM) software, network and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, and system logs (Windows and Unix), and databases
• Separate true threats from false positives using network and log analysis and escalate possible intrusions and attacks
• Initiate tickets, document, and escalate to higher-level security analysts
• Serve as the technical escalation point and mentor for lower-level analysts
• Regularly communicate with customer IT teams to inform them of issues, help them remediate, and ensure that they continue to operate business as usual
• Perform triage of incoming issues (assess the priority, determine risk).
• Work with customers to deploy hardware and software monitoring systems
• Maintain a strong awareness of the current threat landscape.
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Knowledge of and experience with intrusion detection/prevention systems and SIEM software
• Strong knowledge and understanding of network protocols and devices.
• Strong experience with Mac OS, Windows, and Unix systems.
• Ability to analyze event logs and recognize signs of cyber intrusions/attacks
• Ability to handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
• Ability to work directly with customers to understand requirements for and feedback on security services
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical topics in clear and easy-to-understand language
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a globally distributed team
• Able and willing to work in a 24/7/365 environment, including nights and weekends, on a rotating shift schedule
• Ability to provide tuning recommendations for security tools to tool administrators.
• Familiarity with tools such as Wireshark, TCP Dump, Security Onion, and Splunk
• Strong knowledge of the following:
o Packet Analysis
o SSL Decryption
o Malware Detection
o Network Monitoring Tools
o Case Management System
o Knowledge Base
o Web Security Gateway
o Email Security
o Data Loss Prevention
• Experience in network/host vulnerability analysis, intrusion analysis, digital forensics, penetration testing, or related areas
• 1-2 years of hands-on SOC/TOC/NOC experience
• GCIA required. GCIH, GCFE, CISSP, Security +, Network +, CEH, RHCA, RHCE, MCSA, MCP, or MCSE preferred
• Familiarity with tools such as IDA Pro, PEiD, PEview, Procmon, Snort, Bro, Kali Linux, Metasploit, NMAP, and Nessus
• Familiarity with GPO, Landesk, or other IT Infrastructure tools
• Understanding of programming/scripting languages and ability to run basic database queries
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other IT-related field. Exceptional candidates with proven experience in security/network operations will also be considered.
BlueVoyant is an expert-driven cybersecurity services company whose mission is to proactively defend organizations of all sizes against today’s constant, sophisticated attackers, and advanced threats.
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Valid through: 3/11/2021