At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The SOC Operations Manager is responsible for leading a 24x7 team of security experts for global fortune 500 clients. The SOC Operations Manager will help deliver the Optiv vision of redefining traditional SOC operations using automation, orchestration and analytics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the oversight of day-to-day operations for the Next Generation delivery team, maturing processes and driving new innovations. The manager will also be responsible for maintaining mature service delivery methodologies for their practice areas. The SOC manager for NGSOC is a high visibility role and requires a strong technical leader with outstanding customer service skills capable of planning and executing to meet core objectives.
In addition the SOC manager oversees driving the operational element of the Next Generation SOC guiding principles:
- Deliver quality security outcomes
- Drive efficient and timely operations
- Actualize continual improvement and innovation
- Protect the customer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead 24x7 delivery team, foster innovation, and drive accountability within SOC engineering.
- Be a thought leader in security engineering and operations delivery - driving automation, analytics, and advanced threat analysis.
- Oversee technical delivery, assessing and continually improving output and ensuring processes are developed and adhered to in order to drive operational excellence.
- Provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Next Generation infrastructure and systems.
- Participate in quarterly business reviews with vendors and customers.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all Client managed systems, operating systems, hardware, and software.
- Keep current with the latest vendor updates, expansion opportunities, and technology directions, utilized in the Clients environment.
- Collaborate and consult with other Group Managers on the overall advancement of the Emerging Services organization and Optiv in general.
- Establish operational foundations, defining metrics and KPIs to drive governance, quality, and efficiency. Influence and improve existing processes through innovation and operational change.
- Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain an educational environment where the knowledge and performance of the group is constantly advancing.
- Perform annual staff appraisals.
- Develop and mentor staff through open communication, training and development opportunities, and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study; at least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiencepreferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of Information Security and Networking required.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of current networksecurity, network hardware, protocols, and standards required.
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues required
- Proven ability to make decisions and perform complex problem-solving activities under pressure.
- Previous management and project leadership experiencerequired.
- Minimum 5 years Security leadership, with experience building long-term career development plans for team members at all levels.
- Exceptional operational rigor with extensive real-world experience in ITIL methodologies and frameworks for IT operations.
- Experience in designing, implementing and measuring relevant security and technology management critical success factors, key performance indicators, and metrics.
- Ability to create shift schedules to ensure 24x7 coverage by support personnel
- In-depth knowledge of modernsecurity concepts and how to apply them.
- Experience in managing and maintaining relationships between Optiv, vendors, and customers.