We offer competitive benefits including: paid vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, AD&D, 401k and voluntary benefits. By joining the IMRI team, you will be providing support to protect our country's most critical infrastructure. We know that when you join IMRI, everyone wins — You, the Customer, and the entire IMRI Team!
POSITION SUMMARY SOC MANAGER
We are looking for a Manager to lead operations, and enhancements of our 24 x 7 SOC operations. The Manager will be responsible for evaluating operations, making improvements to the SOC and creating policies, protocols, and building new processes.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage resources including personnel, budget, shift scheduling and technology strategy to meet SLAs.
- Communicate with management; serve as organizational point person for business-critical incidents; provides overall direction for the SOC and input to the overall security strategy within the SOC.
- Identify and help pursue/onboard new customers for the SOC.
- Ensure adequate coverage for the 24 x 7 SOC so the data center and network operations are properly monitored and service issues are reported and resolved in accordance with customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain SOC policies, processes, and procedures to ensure consistent and effective SOC operations.
- Responsible to train SOC technicians and able to measure their performance and quality of service.
- Provide management and supervision of SOC staff; including coaching and mentoring to ensure personnel is working as efficiently as possible in a customer-focused and team-oriented environment.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement enterprise-wide tools and processes to enhance existing monitoring capabilities.
- Coordinate with appropriate engineering, security, and management teams to resolve and report on issues.
- Timely and accurate operational performance reporting to customers.
- Lead the SOC with a focus on proactive monitoring and service restoration.
- Lead efforts to continuously monitor, detect, and analyze events impacting customer monitored assets; increase situational awareness of network operations or network security events that threaten the operations of customer networks.
- Monitor news outlets for security events, exploits and critical advisories for multiple vendors and provide mitigation strategy recommendations.
- Manage the development and delivery of SOC deliverables to customers.
- Recommend and implement SOC enhancements to ensure focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability and willingness to be available after hours for incident handling
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Must have one of the following Certifications; Security +, CCNA, CISSP, CISA, CISM, or CGEIT.
- 5 years or more of IT operations or Datacenter Management experience, including incident response management training.
- Experience managing multiple teams of Tier 1/ 2/ 3 engineers in a 24/ 7/ 365 environment.
- Must have Service Management experience and be familiar with ITIL and/or NIST framework.
- Experience with enterprise security tools and management required.
- Experience with security event triage troubleshooting skills.
- Experience troubleshooting complex system and network issues and identifying resolutions
- Experience with trouble ticket management system (Zendesk, ServiceNow, Jira and any other Ticketing system).
- Network Support Experience in onboarding customers.
- Experience with risk management and issue resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused and service excellence driven
- Flexible/adaptable to SOC environment