We are looking for S?OC Engineer for our client in Irving, TX
Job Title: S?OC Engineer
Job Location: Irving, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst position is assigned to the Security Operations unit.
- The primary purpose of this position is to help coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) governments.
- This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working in a 24x7Security Operation Center (SOC) environment
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Coordinate with Intel analysts on open source activities impacting SLTT governments.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- 1-3years' experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain National Security Clearance
- SQL knowledge highly desirable
- GCIA, GCIH, or other related certifications preferred
Personal and Professional Qualities:
- The successful candidate will possess the personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational not-for-profit environment.
- This person will have exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- In addition, the qualified candidate will have a strong desire to succeed in a nationally and internationally recognized operational environment.