What You'll Do
- Lead, mentor, and serve as an escalation point for security analysts in Credit Karma's SOC & DFIR team.
- Routinely develop and update incident response playbooks to ensure response activities align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats.
- Prepare incident reports for a mixed technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leverage Splunk, including Enterprise Security, to craft tests for security hypotheses against Credit Karma’s unique production and corporate environments.
- Engage with partners in engineering, IT, and operations to respond to and remediate events.
- Research, extraction, and dissemination of open source intelligence (OSINT) on threat actors targeting the financial industry.
- Maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators as well as weekly and monthly metrics.
- Apply broad security industry, technology, business and professional knowledge to contribute to policy-making and process design.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of analysts case work, as well guiding and aiding in training and development opportunities for the analysts.
- Initiate automation, where possible, to effectively triage and address security alerts.
What's Great About It
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What We Expect
- 10+ years of incident detection and response experience.
- Expert level of knowledge of networksecurity monitoring (NSM) techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of privilege escalation, persistence and lateral movement techniques.
- Strong scripting or relevant programming skills.
- A creative forensic mindset.
- Self-starting attitude and fearless ascent up the learning curve.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- A fun and positive attitude!