Position : SOA Architect
Location : Washington DC 21
Duration : Two years
Under the direction of the Chief Enterprise Architecture, the Service-Oriented Architecture Technical Lead will:
- Implement SOA solution;
- Design and reusable xml interfaces and web services that conform to relevant standard.
- Assist the pm with required project artifacts; ¿ Develop and implement plans to familiarize WMATA developers with deployed services;
- Assure the SOA governance plan is followed. Custom development within Oracle ESB suite using Java/Java Tasks Specific to this requirement:
- Develops code for Enterprise and Domain SOA services to enterprise standards and best practices.
- Develops service wrappers for services and business applications.
- Develops Service Design Patterns.
- Performs the unit tests of the service in a development environment.
- Performs the integration testing in a development environment.
- Assists with performance and security testing in a development environment.
- Manages SOA service Configuration and Release Management Infrastructure.
- Maintains SOA governance module and associated infrastructure.
- Develop Service Developments and Deployment Documentation.
- Maintains the SOA service in the operational life cycle of the service.
- Manages production instances of SOA services.
- Updates production instances and configuration in order to meet SLAs for SOA services.
- Manages the consistency of the Service Registry against redundancy.
- Responds to incidents related to SOA services.
- Attends regular departmental and project meetings.
- Develops a complete SOA development lifecycle using iterative methodologies.
- Responsible for executing top-down & bottom-up service and process development.
- Responsible for designing and developing event-driven solutions.
- Responsible for SOA QA and turning around identified defects quickly
- Extensive experience on SOA based integrations and must have Java Development background. Complete understanding of Java/J2EE n-Tier architectures, Web Services standards, integration, design Patterns, SOA Standards.
- Moderate experience providing relevant SOA specific design and development services including development of SOA design standards, patterns, principles, web services and experience with enterprise service bus technologies .
- Experience with a broad range of Web Services Standards and integration design patterns (request/response, publish/subscribe, assured delivery, synchronous vs. asynchronous required.
- Experience in enterprise integration background including XML/XSLT, Data Transformation, Message Routing, Integration Infrastructure and Web Services (WS*, REST).
- Experience in software/middleware components (Enterprise Services Bus, Enterprise Messaging, J2EE application servers).
- Experience in relational databaseexperience (SQL Server, Oracle) and programming experience (C#, Java, PL/SQL, T-SQL) preferred.
- Experience in developing technical documentation, and supports the QA, release, and production support processes.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and frameworks like spring, Hibernate, Seam, Model View Controller etc.
- Strong leadership skills while working in a team environment.
- Negotiation and creative problem solving skills. ¿ Excellent skills in oral and written business communications in English.
- Must have Hands on ability provisioning and integrating services using Enterprise Service Bus using a middleware SOA Platform.
- 12+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on integration platform based deliverables .
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Good analytical, written and verbal communication skills .
- Experience with Iterative/Agile Development approaches Implementation. experience of BPM project using Microsoft BizTalk Implementation in the .NET Framework preferably in C+/C++ Experience with XML technologies: XSD, XSL Experience with T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services Experience with BizTalk Implementation .
Supplemental Duties Tasks Specific to this requirement: Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the definition of integrative and canonical views of data or information across multiple content types (structured, semi-structured, XML or unstructured) to support convergence of information asset migration planning or impact analysis.
- Design the architecture of Information Systems in accordance with the WMATA’s strategy and agreed solutions and practices
- Participate in the IS Strategic Plan and associated architecture process ¿ Carry out studies that allow appropriate choices for transversal solutions
- Develop guidance for securely integrating new systems into the company’s IS landscape
- Assess the impact of new solutions on existing or planned architectures
- Managing risks related to IT and information assets ¿ Lead or participate in strategic studies
- Participate in defining the approach for the evolution and integration of the different business and technological components of Enterprise Information Systems.