Join our revolution! As a large, well-established company, Zions Bancorporation's technology division is about to revolutionize technology in ways smaller companies can't. We're making unprecedented changes for technology that the banking industry has never seen, all with the gorgeous backdrop of Utah's Silicon Slopes.
Zions Bancorporation is seeking a SOA/API Developer in Salt Lake City to join our product team to help Zions digitally transform its banking and make a real impact in our industry. Customers want to interact with us differently and have very demanding expectations of their bank. FinTechs have also been propelling the industry forward. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the development and implementation of new and enhanced digital capabilities that create simple and delightful experiences for our customers.
What are we looking for?
Zions is currently looking for an experienced developer to help deliver services and APIs that will help us modernize our business capabilities in support of our digital transformation initiatives. The developer is responsible for successful development and implementation of this solution for all our consumer and business lines.
What will your day look like?
- Work on a cross-functional agile SCRUM team to deliver master data management capabilities to the organization
- Build services and APIs to expose master data management capabilities using test-driven and contract-driven approaches
- Support best practices and enterprise standards to satisfy compliance, reduce risk, and deliver a positive experience to internal users and end customers
- Participate in design and code reviews
Who should apply?
We want someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field of study (or equivalent level of education and experience).
- 4+ years of experience developing services and APIs with various technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, ESB, messaging, etc.
- 4+ years of development with Java or Java EE and frameworks such as Spring
- 4+ years using SOA and event-driven principles and patterns
- 3+ years of OOAD, architecture, or application design
- 3+ years of test driven development
- 3+ years of development within formal agile methodologies
- Solid understanding of contract driven development
- Be a catalyst for change and provide technology leadership
- Preferably some experience working in the financial services industry
- Passion and curiosity about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer's needs
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Self-motivation with a strong sense of accountability of self and others
- A results-oriented mindset with the desire and ability to push through obstacles to achieve goals
Additionally, the following is helpful:
- Experience with workflow, rules and orchestration methods and technologies
- Participate in design, modeling, architecture activities
- Experience with Apigee API Management tools and IBM App Connect Enterprise or other API platforms preferred
- Financial or Banking services industry experience preferable