- Technically lead cross functional engineering teams responsible for hardware development for enterprise products focused on product architecture, product definition, board design, power regulation, board bring-up, qualification, quality, issue resolution, and customer co-development in various development phases ranging from concept, feasibility, execution, production, or sustaining..
- Demonstrate exceptional cross functional technical leadership and communication skills within the hardware engineering team and in your interactions with other engineering teams in architecture and development as well as with our program core teams, platform core teams, and validation/SOC development teams.
- Work with SOC silicon architects and the business unit to define and develop product definitions, specifications, and cost targets.
- Drive the design and development of graphics boards for GPUs and its bring-up. Bring-up consists of testing, debugging and validating before supplying the boards internal development teams or customers.
- Drive innovation in circuit implementations, power supply topologies/designs, innovative design, and component selections.
- Lead cross-functional design and product development teams to overcome platform challenges in the areas of power, thermal, signal integrity, EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference), firmware, software, and DFM (Design for Manufacturing).
Skills And Experience Requirements
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of board hardware and system design experience with 5+ years technically leading an engineering team in this area with prvoen ability to lead complex/fast paced programs.
- Proven ability to drive product development from concept to mass production.with ability to write product specifications that drive the design.
- Solid experience and knowledge of high-speed mix-signal design techniques, LDOs, Multiphase DC-DC switching power supplies, and modern power conversion. GPU expereince is a plus.
- Strong experience in Cadence tools, like Concept, Capture, Allegro. Experience with board or system development with ODMs is a plus.
- Experience in Power Integrity and Signal Integrity for high power ASIC products.
- Experience with firmware, APIs, applications, OSes and their interactions within Windows, Linux, gaming, compute, and virtualization environments.
- Experience in hardware lab tools, digital oscilloscopes and other common lab equipment
- Understand industrial standards: high speed/digital interfaces (DP, PCI Express), memory interface, I2C/SMBus/PMBus.
- Must be self-driven, collaborative, and a strong team player with technical leadership skills to support optimal performance with excellent team work, communication and organization skills.
- Experience with high-speed serial interfaces, PCI Express, DisplayPort is a plus.
- Experience with the design and development of RTL for FPGA based sub-systems and test and verification cases for FPGA configuration design.
- Familiarity with PC(single user machines) and server systems (HW/SW)architecture and interfaces is important.
This team is essential to the success of AMD as a growing company. It is a very exciting environment and you will be working with the very best in our technology. You will be working on some of the most exciting projects the industry has to offer.
Requisition Number: 64323