Industry: Staffing & Recruiting•
5 - 7 years
Posted 364 days ago
Job Number : 82231
Division : Engineering
The Manufacturing Process Engineer interfaces with manufacturing and design engineering to determine themost effective ways to assemble and test electro-mechanical products. The manufacturing process engineer will be responsible for process design, operation and implementation. Must have demonstrated experience in improving manufacturing processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce costs, maximize profitability and improve sustainability. In addition, the manufacturing process engineer will analyze and resolve issues during assembly of products for the Avionics industry.
• Program, setup and debug SMT assembly equipment. Includes solder paste printer, pick and place machines, reflow solder oven, automated optical inspection, selective wave solder and x-ray inspection.
• Develop, monitor and manage circuit card assembly (CCA) cleaning processes.
• Resolve manufacturing floor issues related to CCA equipment and processing.
• Ensure procedures are developed, maintained and followed for equipment preventative maintenance.
• Develop, optimize and maintain production processes. Includes solder paste selection, stencil designs, feeder setup methodology, automated optical inspection, selective soldering techniques, rework processes, BGA repair, etc.
• Specify and order solder stencils and other CCA related manufacturing tooling.
• Develop process documentation and operating instructions.
• Create, update and manage documentation (i.e. work flow, routings, time standards).
• Execute engineering/manufacturing change orders.
• Identify and resolve production/quality issues.
• Troubleshoot to root cause, equipment and process related problems.
• Conduct DFM analysis and publish pre and post build DFM reports.
• Evaluate effects of product design changes on manufacturing efficiency.
• Interface with project engineers and operators to document and resolve on floor questions and issues during new product introduction (NPI) CCA builds.
• Drive NPI readiness processes and procedures for CCA builds.
• Analyze and initiate preventative actions relative to production efficiency and production flow issues.
• Analyze and assist on the design/layout of equipment and workspace flows.
• Develop and execute equipment qualifications and validations.
• Initiate and drive and initiate continuous improvement projects.
• Develop best practices and drive continuous improvement and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or a manufacturing engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in SMT equipment manufacturing process engineering
• Strong knowledge of circuit board assembly, SMT and PTH technologies
• Experience manipulating data files with programming tools for SMT circuit card assembly (.i.e. Gerber, ODB++, CAMCAD, Valor, etc.)
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter and a team player.
• Proven ability and success in managing projects to milestones timelines.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with internal operations personnel, as well as, customers and suppliers.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
• 7 plus years of experience in SMT manufacturing process engineering
• Lean and Six Sigma training and experience
• Provide technical leadership and support for manufacturing and quality continuous improvement programs.
• Assist in the evaluation and review of new equipment and development of the qualification and validation processes