Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As an SMB Product Support Engineer, your primary responsibility will be assisting our merchants and helping to resolve inquiries with the integration of the PayPal payment processing services. A Product Support Engineer exhibits strong communication skills, excels at customer interaction, demonstrates creativity and technical skill in delivering practical business solutions and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Provide technical guidance to merchants and developers in their implementation of PayPal’s payment processing solutions (1st and 3rd party), APIs, and commerce products.
- Ensure merchants implement PayPal’s payment processing solutions with a high degree of quality and use optimal integration strategies and techniques.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and run test scenarios for technical issues with PayPal code, software, hardware, devices and endpoints, and communicate fixes or workarounds for an issue.
- Generate and review in-depth technical information (Sample code, white papers, FAQs, Snippets) for distribution to PayPal merchants.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to provide technical business solutions to merchants and developers, and to address PayPal product questions with our Sales departments.
- Give presentations to audiences of varying sizes (In person and over the phone).
- Attend meetings and take on leader role as point of contact or stakeholder for projects.
- Participate in the development of tools, systems and processes aimed at improving product supportability or overall support productivity.
- Advise management and appropriate groups on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provide recommendations for appropriate actions.
- Strong verbal (phone) communication skills utilizing active listening and clearly speaking to customers.
- Strong written (email) communication utilizing proper grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently while making sound recommendations to merchants and to internal PayPal teams.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
- Ability to multitask multiple systems, screens and tasks during customer contacts.
- Time Management and Adherence to schedules.
Proficient in (able to provide examples with no resources):
- Web technologies including API, HTTP/HTTPS, HTML.
- Firewalls, proxy, HTTP Errors, server side errors, TCP/IP.
Preferred Experience with one or more of the following (able to provide examples with resources quickly):
- Java, C, C++, C#, PHP ASP, ColdFusion, Perl, Ruby, Python, VB/VB.NET.
- Windows command line (DOS) interface.
- Linux/Unix command line interface.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- AAS, BS, BSEE, CS or other relevant technical degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Must be able to travel up to 10%.
- This position requires sitting, typing and repetitive motions.
- 1+ years previous experience in troubleshooting technical web based issues.
- 1+ years previous experience with eCommerce, website development, & requirements gathering.
- 1+ years previous experience with Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline), especially with eCommerce systems, payments gateways and payment processors.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, RightNow, Remedy, or other support/sales CRM.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.