Position Summary: Dataprise SMB Account Executives work in a fast-paced culture, surrounded by talented, and motivated colleagues who thrive on helping prospective clients win with IT. We seek a new DC metro-based Account Executive to help us expand our footprint. As a member of our SMB Sales team, you will have the opportunity to drive results that directly impact the company's overall growth and bottom line.
As an SMB Account Executive, picture yourself:
- Prospecting, qualifying, and closing new Managed Services customer agreements for the SMB market resulting in new and recurring revenue.
- Assisting customers in selecting the appropriate products and/or services that are best suited to their operational needs.
- Coordinating sales processes with Sales Engineering to capture business requirements and demonstrate Dataprise capabilities.
- Creating and delivering sales presentations, demonstrating ROI and value proposition to external decision makers.
- Participating in the generation of formal quotations and written responses to RFP's.
- Tracking opportunities via CRM tools.
- Participating in sales meetings, networking, and business development events and other duties as assigned.
- Preparing and reporting to the Director of SMB Sales with weekly sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
Our ideal SMB Account Executive has:
- 5+ years of business to business sales experience (including prospecting) and a proven record of exceeding sales quota.
- 4-year college degree in a related field preferred, but can be substituted for comparable work experience.
- Sales experience/familiarity with IT terminology (in particular, Microsoft technologies) and ability to translate into non-technical terms highly preferred, but not required.
- Proven success building new business relationships (interacting with C-level management), experienced in and comfortable with cold-calling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with multiple departments and managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong verbal/written communication and time management skills.
- The capability of front-line interaction with customers and consultative selling.
- Ability to take ownership for attaining performance goals.