The Aerostructures Manufacturing support and Functional Governance organization is seeking a proactive person to help support and lead Strategic Technological transformation Projects, which includes involvement with multiple sites as well as UTC Corporate. The position requires the ability to properly scope and develop a technology strategy for the transformation of our operation sites in our smart factories journey.
The candidate will be required to be able to identify and drive resolution of technology needs at our sites, developing and analyzing multiple solution options and presenting the downselected path forward for senior leadership concurrence. We are seeking a versatile candidate that is able to develop and execute selected projects in support of organizational objectives which likely include project management across sites. The candidate must have demonstrated leadership skills and a proven ability to work in a team environment and be comfortable driving change while being able to effectively partner with and influence other functions to ensure alignment and business success. This position will report to the Assoc Director of Manufacturing Engineering.
Identify and drive innovation initiatives that will digitize our operations toward efficiency improvements.
Maintain ASG up to date in regards to IOT & technology advances.
Interface with internal customers and operational leaders to ensure coordination and integration of strategies and projects across sites and suppliers.
Prepare and conduct regular reviews to ensure that the projects remain on track to meet their strategic goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with cross-functional departments of Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, along with Aerostructures senior leadership and other business units.
Ensure compliance of technical and regulatory requirements.
Qualification: - Strong knowledge of:
- Manufacturing Software Tools & program optimization.
- Application design, development, and programming.
- Electronic Work Instructions and Shop Floor Execution.
- Assembly & automation robotics:Part & Job Instruction, Assembly Processes
- Industrial Methods and continuous improvement: Process modeling / Simulation.
- Digitization tools.
- Ability to lead through adversity, push status quo and motivate/influence others.
- Must have strong communication skills and be process-oriented and results driven.
Education: Basic Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Computer science or related field
- 5-7 years of Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally in a Manufacturing systems or Process Engineering role focused on driving innovation and improved efficiencies.
- Masters in computer science or related field.