The Smart Dispensing Electro-Mechanical Senior Manager will be based in Plano Texas. Smart Dispensing Electro-Mechanical Sales Engineer is an expert in the beverage dispensing field, you will be part of the customer facing team guiding our customers through all phases of product development. You will be the subject matter expert assisting the business development lead during pre-sales, preparing and communicating relevant information to customers and our design teams. During the design & manufacturing phases you act as a subject matter expert to support the development teams & factories.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Meet onsite with customers throughout primary North America to evaluate and understand their needs related to the electro-mechanicaldevelopment of automated beverage or fluid dispensing and dosing solutions. These applications will include:
- Consumer: Home beverage products such as automated coffee, soft drink, beer, wine, etc.
- Commercial: Automated kiosk and restaurant solutions for fluid products including beverages, cleaning supplies, paints, colorants, etc.
- Supported by electrical and mechanical engineering teams, rapidly develop architectures and proposals that meet the customer's needs.
- Specify and select key electromechanical components (pumps, valves, actuators, etc.) for proposed solutions.
- Identify standard products and sub-blocks for inclusion into solution proposals.
- Develop key relationships with internal design teams as well subcontractors to plan comprehensive product strategies based on future technologies.
- For awarded programs, act as a subject matter expert supporting development teams with beverage and fluid dispensing products.
- Provide expert level support to our factories for issues related to the manufacturing of consumer and commercial beverage and fluid dispensing products.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor's degree (BSc, BEng) or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 10+ years in the design of fluidic mechanical systems.
- Excellent customer facing skills and demonstrated ability to effectively articulate and propose solutions
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think analytically
- Extensive experience with beverage/fluid dispensing solutions. Including pumps, actuators, valves, dosing and NSF requirements
- Knowledge of vendors and performance of beverage dispensing subsystems
- Related technical experience in developing and supporting mechanical designs and experience with CAD software such as SolidWorks, Creo, Windchill, etc.
- Familiar with rapid prototyping techniques and equipment.
- Deep experience designing electro mechanical interfaces.
- Experience in designing parts for various manufacturing techniques such as injection molding, die-cast, sheet metal and aluminum extrusions.
- Experience in designing products using latest colors, materials and finishes for consumer electronic products.
- Knowledge and experience in tooling (plastic injection molding, die casting) for mass production and tooling related issues affecting design.
- Solid understanding of overall system level design approaches.
- Interest to stay abreast of new technologies, market trends, changing customer needs.
- Willingness to travel extensively (up to 50% time) with short notice, primarily within North America.
- Eligible for Visa free entry to the USA (if based in Canada) and Canada (if based in USA).
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Knowledge of compliance standards EMC and Safety certifications.
- Working knowledge of PCB design and layout.
- Familiarity with injection molding tools and tooling vendors.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers