- Responsible for the tactical and strategic leadership of small commercial within the defined territory
- Consistently delivers superior results on a month, quarterly, and annual basis
- Manages and maintains focus on achieving profit and revenue goals
- Articulates a vision for local sales personnel and distribution partners relative to CHUBB small commercial.
- Exhibit's a through understanding of local marketplace, CHUBB capabilities within that market place, and corporate vision.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Through local team of sales professionals, influences and drives developed small commercial sales strategies
- Coach and lead local small commercial staff to articulate Vision. This is achieved through in person coaching and travel along with leadership by example.
- Maintains a high performance environment, focused on learning, achieving goals, and capturing market share
- Ensure sales team is maintaining discipline surrounding the development of sales plans, achievement of expectations surrounding sales behaviors, and maximizing distribution.
- Maintains and shares feedback surrounding market conditions specific to the small commercial marketplace.
- Develops an annual regional business plan consistent with CHUBB Small Commercial Vision.
- Work closely with CHUBB Small Commercial underwriting staff to promote small commercial products and capabilities.
- Supports efforts of broader CHUBB agency management strategies, developing and managing key strategic distribution relationships, both locally and in conjunction with National Broker/Partner initiatives.
- Effectively guides and oversee the regional approach to managing distribution in order to develop mutually beneficial relationships and advance small commercial goals.
- Strategic and tactical leadership skills
- 5+ years proven experience leading high performing, successful sales teams.
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Experience leading front line leaders preferred.
- Negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of small commercial underwriting strategies.
- Ability to coach and mentor sales staff
- Microsoft products (excel, word, outlook, onenote, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial and Creative approach to challenges and opportunities.