SUMMARY: The Small Business Relationship Manager is primarily responsible for the overall success and revenue growth of their assigned book of business and sales territory, with a focus on new client acquisition. This is an outside sales position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Originates and grows a portfolio of business (credit and depository) relationships to achieve stated individual goals.
- Develops and manages relationships with business owners and other decision makers by learning about the operation, growth factors and challenges the business faces.
- Retain and achieve revenue growth of the existing book of business by providing continuous financial advice and maintaining profitable relationships through securing suitable credit, deposit, and treasury products.
- Demonstrates proficiency in initiating the client credit application process through high-impact prospect calls and prompt & complete financial data collection from prospective clients.
- Possesses proficient knowledge of BankUnited credit policy, as well as credit and non-credit products the organization offers to prospective and existing clients.
- Achieves client and prospective client calling objectives.
- Utilizes bank contact management system to retain prospective client names and records, as well as standard bank templates (such as term sheet template).
- Attends and actively participates in regularly scheduled division meetings and on-going training.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure full "cross-sale" penetration of client relationship.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Five years related banking sales experience and credit training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have strong outside sales/cold calling experience. Senior position requires either seven or more years of banking sales experience and credit knowledge or a track record of at least three years of consistently meeting or exceeding all assigned goals.