USI is one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the world. Something special is happening here with our more than 8,000 associates across the U.S. and abroad – and we invite you to learn more.
Unrivaled Resources and Support
The USI ONE Advantage® allows USI to deliver unique solutions to our clients. This value proposition provides unmatched growth and opportunity for our associates and, at its core, represents a significant investment in our people.
Unique Employee Programs and Deep Community Engagement
We turn care into action with our award-winning wellness program, college scholarships for associates' children, and financial help in times of need. Our annual community service initiative engages associates in hands-on regional service projects helping hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Industry-Leading Associate Rewards and Recognition
In addition to competitive pay, incentives, and benefits, USI recognizes associates through our Summit Awards program, rewarding excellence in those who build our brand each day.
Committed to a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
USI values diversity and is dedicated to ensuring a fair, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all. Our diversity and inclusion program, "I'm With U," advances these initiatives to champion our team members and the communities we serve.
Nationally Recognized as a Top Insurance Workplace
USI has been recognized as one of:
· Insurance Business America’s Top Insurance Workplaces, three years in a row (2018-2020).
· Business Insurance’s 2020 list of Best Places to Work in Insurance.
· Forbes Best Large Employers in America (2018-2019).
Ranked as one of Forbes Best Large Employers in America (2018-2019).
General Description: The Sales and Marketing Support Specialist is a strong resource for Benefits and Property & Casualty producers to make them more efficient and effective in driving new sales by lead/sales generation and ensuring customer retention through various marketing channels.
- Support EB and PC Sales Management with coordination, producer follow-up and preparation of management reports for the following meetings: Huddle meetings, Producer 1 on 1 meetings, monthly corporate NB calls (ensure stages/forecast are accurate), Stewardship Calls triage calls (critical at risk accounts), and Leader Calls.
- Assign Cross-Sell Producer to all Stewardship Accounts according to Sales Leaders instructions.
- Analyze trends and success rates for cross sell efforts. Report findings and recommendation to sales leaders. Verify Opportunity Stage is accurate and coincides with recorded Appointments and Wins.
- Generate ideas and other source (databases) for Lead Generation, present recommendation to sales management for investment decision.
- Ensure activities related to Get, Prep, Advance, Close, Keep, Blue Wheel, and Engagement Platform and are accurate by coaching producers to enter data for their activities timely and accurately
- Verify all Wins tie to Sagitta and provide tracking of all initiatives within U Engage.
- Ensure accurate data by merging duplicate records, reassigning terminated producers, updating risk assessments as needed, and completing specific data management requests. Compare Wins in U Engage to booked new rev in Sagitta and follow up with necessary adjustments.
- Responsible for maintaining an open line of communication with producers regarding procedural changes, advancement, developing work flows, and lead management with U Engage.
- Compile and generate various sales and management reports, including but not limited to New/Lost business, Cross Sell, Risk Assessment, Referral, PEAK and Stewardship.
- Work closely with Sales Leaders and HR to complete U Engage training for newly hired/acquired producers and ensure each producer has 50+ Quality Prospects within 30 days of hire date.
- Work with Sales Management to coordinate and support sales staff training including marketing opportunities, technical training, value propositions, sales presentation production and delivery and role playing practice sessions.
- Ensure compliance with USI Graphic Standards.
- Conduct research and provide information to Employee Benefits (EB) and Property & Casualty (PC) sales team on existing and prospective clients. Utilize this information for the development of new sales relationships, management of client databases, including U Engage and assisting with the integrity of the data, including social media.
- Help each producer meet their marketing / branding goals.
- Prepare presentations and supporting sales materials. Maintain continuity of USI collateral materials to maintain an effective and unified marketing message.
- Execute office marketing strategies to create value for customers and prospects around USI services to further enhance and generate sales through U Engage, including:
- Seminars including pre-event and post event strategies
- Lunch & Learns
- Drip Marketing
- Coordination of industry white papers
- Center of Influence & Networking Event leadership
- Create marketing calendar of events for Benefits and P&C
- Develop mailings for educating existing clients on important benefits, legal, and compliance information through U Engage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing or Communications preferred)
- At least 3-5 years experience providing sales and or marketing support at the executive level; administrative and insurance experience preferred.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, or similar CRM program
- Experience with ClickDimensions, Marketo, and Brainshark strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Proven track record in areas of data analytics and data integrity
- Proven ability to manage projects and drive adherence to procedures.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks so that deadlines are met and schedules are maintained smoothly.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and balance multiple priorities with acute attention to detail. Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Self-disciplined to start projects, budget time, and meet deadlines and production schedules.
- Must be able to adapt to immediate needs of producers and management.
- Must have strong initiative and be properly assertive in presenting new ideas to management and producers.