The Technical Consultant, Skills Strategy, possesses an enterprise-level understanding of emerging and in demand skills required by today’s leading technology teams across a variety of industries. The candidate understands the skills needed to support the functional disciplines of technology domains such as networking, architecture, security, datacenter and cloud engineering. For a given field, this individual can distinguish different skill development needs based on targeted job roles and experience levels.
The technical Consultant, Skills Strategy, acts as an expert consultant, assisting Pluralsight business customers in defining and achieving their skill development objectives. Thus, enabling our customers to stay ahead of the newest technologies and associated methodologies. This is accomplished by assessing corporate technology goals and making recommendations that will assist the customer in optimizing the value they recognize from the Pluralsight platform. This also requires a solid ability to be a great partner across internal sales, content and product teams. They advocate for the customer while operating within the bounds of their role and scope of the project.
Who you are:
- Advanced communicator with the ability to navigate internal and external partner expectations
- Excellent business acuity with ability to translate sophisticated technical subjects or features into value-based, strategic conversations
- Experience with the processes of technical needs assessments, software system analysis, or requirements elicitation
- Ability to quickly understand the true root causes of customer content requests and deliver consultative, executive-level recommendations
- Self-starter who is able to effectively manage time, prioritize, produce with autonomy, and provide transparency to key initiatives
- Strong operational aptitude balanced by a highly-effective interpersonal skill set
- Professional, self aware, empathetic, customer centric
- Lifelong learner, context seeker, engaged, curious but kind teammate
What you'll own:
- Serving as an expert internally and externally on the resources available through the Pluralsight Technology Learning Platform
- Regularly consulting with prospective and existing customers, reinforcing the value Pluralsight provides in building applicable technology skills across all skills levels and disciplines
- Conducting discovery sessions with our customers to understand business objectives and build a clear path to success through the effective delivery of Services
- Providing specific, in-depth course & strategic implementation recommendations, as requested by Pluralsight customers
- Defining and reporting on key performance indicators, e.g. customer facing utilization, project hours, performance to SLAs, customer engagement efficiency, etc.
- Regularly engage with and support Pluralsight sales teams via meetings, coaching / mentoring sessions, and ongoing strategic guidance
- Identifying training opportunities, product improvements, and sales collateral that is helpful to Pluralsight corporate sales goals, and assist in various capacities to produce / implement those new programs, features, and assets
- Work with your team to build scalable solutions and enhance / automated service delivery tasks
Experience you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience providing enterprise level consulting in a technology capacity
- 3+ years experience work in technology environments or roles on IT-focused teams
- Demonstrated expertise with networking technologies such as Cisco or Palo Alto, server technologies (Microsoft Windows Server, Linux), security processes and technologies (red team/blue team, Splunk), or major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Must have an understanding of enterprise IT operations and engineering practices, as well as a solid understanding of concepts and technologies within enterprise IT projects and workflows
- Experience in delivering professional services projects within the context of an enterprise SaaS company is a plus
- Experience with learning and development practices, tools, and workflows. Including enterprise-level talent transformations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.