A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. Wesupport one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challengingexperiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT - BRANDON
The Black Belt role is a leadership position within the organization with the key responsibility for leading and supporting process improvement efforts within Maple Leaf Foods; as well as externally to strategic customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. The focus of these improvement efforts is to build organizational capability to deliver process improvements, increasing business productivity, shareholder and customer value.
Embodying Culture and Values:
Six Sigma is foundational to our culture of discipline. It is how Maple Leaf Foods improves business processes and drives performance. It is the way we solve problems and implement significant change. Black Belts provide the methods and tools to enable the business to improve processes, solving complex problems using analytics. The Six Sigma Black Belt is also expected to have an understanding of process management principles and various process improvement methods including Operations Excellence (Lean Manufacturing). This role is recognized as an opportunity to develop our next operations leaders.
A Snap Shot of Some of the Exciting Things You Will Lead and Do: • Understand and support execution of site objectives. Assist with the identification and quantification of Critical Business Needs (CBN) and primary opportunities for improvement
• Facilitate OEE Continuous Improvement process with cross-functional site teams including setting of annual OEE improvement targets and facilitating weekly status reviews and action planning
• Support the facilitation and development of the site CI plan including project pipeline and monitoring the overall progress and status of the plan
• Ensure CI project teams are utilizing the appropriate improvement methodology (Six Sigma, Lean, OpEx tools) including training on tools and application as required
• Conduct business case and risk analysis as required. Provide CI Project Management support utilizing DMADV / PDCA framework
• Research and apply functional best practices within project scope
• Ensure sustainable results through application of change management and pragmatic control plans
• Provide coaching to leaders on Six Sigma, Lean and OpEx methodology & tools
• Support Site Leaders in deployment of Operations Excellence framework including annual baseline assessment and pillar team deployment. Lead the Waste Elimination teams to build operator skills at identifying and eliminating waste.
• Understanding and supporting functional objectives and strategies
• Assisting with the identification and quantification of major opportunity areas, including the re-application of learning across MLF
• Sit on management team at plant
• Must be open to coaching and actively learn within the role.
• Periodic travel may be required for training or project work
What We Have to Offer You:
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What You Will Bring: • University degree (BSc., Engineering or Operations Management).
• Minimum 5 to 8 years of full-time work experience depending on level of responsibility; experience in manufacturing or supply chain and commercial, finance or other transactional functions an asset
• Track record of delivering winning results
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills including application of process improvement and quality tools. Lives the value of getting things done in a fact based way
• Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate well (verbal and written) with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership
• Demonstrated ability to effect change through influence
• Has led and/or coached prior continuous improvement projects. Considered a strong coach on continuous improvement concepts
• Experience in leading complex projects that require strong leadership, initiative, and change management would be an asset
• Previous experience with Six Sigma tools and methodology is a requirement
• Demonstrated ability to implement and teach Lean Methodologies and Operational Excellence
• Black Belts are provided with formal training in Six Sigma Methodologies and Tools which includes advanced statistical analysis and modeling, change management and project management
• The Six Sigma organization has Technical Directors that have specialized knowledge in the tools and methodologies to provide ongoing coaching support for Black Belts
• Black Belts are eligible for a variety of functional and leadership training programs provided by Maple Leaf Foods
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. '
Reference No.: 11618187