The Sitecore Architect role within the Sitecore practice at Perficient is a senior level role who will be responsible for designing high quality solutions for customers and managing the day-to-day technical excellence of the delivery team. You should have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle, Sitecore development best practices, and possess the ability to implement and execute standard software architecture patterns. You should also be a strong Sitecore developer who is comfortable in taking on any technical challenge or task with confidence and efficiency.
You will be providing best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects and be responsible in defining scope and sizing of work as well as anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, and designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions, participate in sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading-edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Instill confidence in Perficient’s skills and ability to deliver
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Detailed design, development and unit / integration testing utilizing the appropriate methodologies, technology and tools
- Practice strong configuration management and version control
- Production of client deliverables such as detailed design documentation, unit test plans and well documented code
- Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality to promote client satisfaction
- Demonstrate respect for and responsiveness to our clients and colleagues
- Ability to work independently with a focus on first-time quality without requiring excessive review by more senior team members
- Mentor and guide junior developers to help them grow their technical and consulting capabilities
- Maintain technical excellence in the execution and the delivery of implementations of varying scope
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical leadership internally and to clients
- Demonstrate broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Establish reputation as a thought leader in the technical community
- Independently manage assigned tasks
- Passionate coder with at least 8 years of development experience on the Microsoft ASP.NET stack, and at least 3 years of development experience on the Sitecore MVC platform with superior code quality
- Expert-level knowledge of modern technologies and software development practices and patterns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must be flexible to new situations and challenges
- Significant, demonstrated experience and expertise in the following technologies:
- Sitecore Experience Platform
- ASP.NET MVC/Web API
- Object-oriented/architectural design patterns
- Infrastructure design and DevOps
- Modern front-end development
- Git and Gitflow
- Expertise in software architecture and design patterns including Helix
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel.