About Our Microsoft National Business Unit:
Perficient is proud to be one of just 38 partners recognized as a Microsoft National Solution Provider (NSP) Partner, and one of only seven Global NSP Partners. This distinction means that we are considered to be one of the top Solution Providers in the country (and the world). We architect, design and implement digital experience, business optimization, and industry-focused, integrated solutions leveraging Microsoft technologies across a variety of practice areas. In 2016, Perficient was honored as Microsoft’s US National Partner of the Year and we have been honored as Microsoft’s Healthcare Provider Partner of the Year three times. Being part of this elite group continues to push and inspire us to uphold those standards through exceptional solutions for our customers.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Sitecore Architect. This position can be based anywhere in the U.S.
The Sitecore Architect role within the Sitecore practice at Perficient is a senior level role who will be responsible for designing high quality solutions for customers and managing the day-to-day technical excellence of the delivery team. You should have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle, Sitecore development best practices, and possess the ability to implement and execute standard software architecture patterns. You should also be a strong Sitecore developer who is comfortable in taking on any technical challenge or task with confidence and efficiency.
You will be providing best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects and be responsible in defining scope and sizing of work as well as anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, and designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions, participate in sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading-edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Instill confidence in Perficient’s skills and ability to deliver
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Detailed design, development and unit / integration testing utilizing the appropriate methodologies, technology and tools
- Practice strong configuration management and version control
- Production of client deliverables such as detailed design documentation, unit test plans and well documented code
- Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality to promote client satisfaction
- Demonstrate respect for and responsiveness to our clients and colleagues
- Ability to work independently with a focus on first-time quality without requiring excessive review by more senior team members
- Mentor and guide junior developers to help them grow their technical and consulting capabilities
- Maintain technical excellence in the execution and the delivery of implementations of varying scope
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical leadership internally and to clients
- Demonstrate broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Establish reputation as a thought leader in the technical community
- Independently manage assigned tasks
- Passionate coder with at least 8 years of development experience on the Microsoft ASP.NET stack, and at least 3 years of development experience on the Sitecore MVC platform with superior code quality
- Expert-level knowledge of modern technologies and software development practices and patterns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must be flexible to new situations and challenges
- Significant, demonstrated experience and expertise in the following technologies:
- Sitecore Experience Platform
- ASP.NET MVC/Web API
- Object-oriented/architectural design patterns
- Infrastructure design and DevOps
- Modern front-end development
- Git and Gitflow
- Expertise in software architecture and design patterns including Helix
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred skills and education:
- Experience and expertise in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure, including Azure App Services, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Virtual Machines.
- Continuous Deployment/Release Management with VSTS
- Sitecore Data Exchange Framework
- Sitecore Commerce
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing capabilities of Sitecore and best practices for customization and implementation
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to explain technical considerations, trade-offs and recommendations to both technical and non-technical client representatives
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.