The Sitecore Architect will play a major role in the growth of the Hub International Sitecore platform that is a critical part of how we share our brand and serve our providers, clients, and employees. Responsibilities include providing technical direction, supporting custom development needs, developing integrations, and coordinating development activities over multiple resources and vendors. Additionally, this individual is responsible for implementing best practices and standard software architecture patterns. He/she must keep abreast of the latest Sitecore CMS developments and trends including personalization, predictive analytics, responsive design, application customization and 3rd party integration.
- Collaborate daily and be the primary technical contact to Hub’s marketing team.
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews.
- Ensure end to end system is tested, using unit or integration testing frameworks where appropriate.
- Ensure architectural principals and coding standards are maintained across the code and project lifecycles.
- Participate in technical assessment, scoping and management of changes to the code based on new business requirements, product enhancements and other change requests.
- Capable of leading and contributing to technical discussions.
- Stays current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve Hub technical solutions and portal platforms.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written as well as help design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain those programs.
- Focus on the following areas of our tools and technologies:
- .Net, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, and Web Forms
- Source Control – VSS, TFS, Git, TDS (Team development for Sitecore)
- Sitecore Development Environment – Visual Studio with Sitecore rocks
- Sitecore version 8.2+ experience
- Databases and data access technologies
- Distributed systems design.
- Interfaces between components (including external interfaces)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field strongly preferred. In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, an equivalent amount of work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5+ years of .NET development experience
- A minimum of 2 years of developing with Sitecore CMS (Certification preferred)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business conditions.
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Experience with and developing in Microsoft Azure
- Willingness to grow and share his/her knowledge with others on the team.
- Experienced in cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and web standards.
- Good understanding of mobile and tablet web development and testing.
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB’s entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: High school or equivalent