Under the direction and leadership of the Project Manager, we are seeking a Site Superintendent to join our Real Property North project in Iqaluit, NU. The Site Superintendent is responsible for managing the delivery of performance-based Facilities Maintenance services. This involves the planning, scheduling, coordination, supervision and delivery of all projectwork on a day-today basis.
WHERE WE WORK AND LIVE
- Oversight of the delivery of hard, soft and ancillary services, including:
o Hard Services: Building Envelope Maintenance, Door Systems – Inspections, Testing, Maintenance and Repair (ITMR), Electrical Systems ITMR, Elevator and Lifting Systems ITMR, Fire Detection and Suppression Systems ITMR, Generator ITMR, Heating, HVACR ITMR, Life Safety Systems ITMR, Plumbing Systems ITMR, Security and Access Control Systems ITMR and Kitchen Systems ITMR.
o Soft Services: Cleaning and Housekeeping Services, Environmental Services, Hazardous Waste Management, Integrated Pest Management Services, Landscaping Services, Snow and Ice Clearing Services and Solid Waste Management.
o Ancillary Services: Service Management & Coordination, Site Monitoring and Emergency Response, Job Tracking & Management, Maintenance ProgramImplementation, Plan & Drawing Management, Budgeting and Financial Control, Help Desk Services and Utilities Management.
- Oversight of Additional Work Requirement projects including implementation and project delivery for minor construction projects;
- Supervision and work scheduling of staff on-site;
- Direction of onsite maintenance and repair activities for facilities and equipment;
- Development and maintenance of project management processes, ensuring that all infrastructure and equipment are maintained in accordance with applicable regulations, project requirements and good industry practices;
- Development and implementation of schedules for safety inspection and preventive maintenance programs;
- Management of inspection and maintenance activities through a project specific preventive maintenance plan;
- Tracking all inspection and maintenance activities in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Execution of subcontracts for the provisions of services and supplies;
- Provision of leadership and direction to staff in the implementation of project work;
- Implementation and championing of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management, Environmental and Risk Management programs;
- Management of project reporting ensuring on-time submission of all deliverables; and
- Financial accountability.
- Technical school certificate or diploma or University degree from a recognized accredited institution preferably in facilities management, construction, engineering, building operations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Facilities Maintenance Field
- Demonstrable experience managing projects for government clients an asset
- Ability to manage small construction projects
- Knowledge of CMMS Maximo® an asset
- A sound knowledge of and appreciation for HS&E and QA best practices
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management ability
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organization, and time management skills
- Must have, or be able to, obtain a Security Clearance to Secret Level under the Canadian Government’s Industrial Security Program.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License
- Must be fluent in English